GDT: G72: Wild @ Philly 5:30pm CT/11:30pm Sweden/12:30am Finland (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
This team wont win 1 game in the playoffs with a sieve in the nets.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Slow in this one. I believe they had a wet night in New York. Still got a point, move on...

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
That's why you don't overreact to a slump, especially when the player is still out there making plays. This was just like when everyone was overreacting to his slow start in college, while consistently making plays, but just nobody on his wings to cash in on them.

The kid is a gamer and excellent play driver. Give him a player or two that can think the game half as well, and he will explode! Just like we're seeing now. ;)

Good grief I knew this was coming.
Calling it like it is both ways is perfectly normal.
He’s a different player these past few games.
Game before that? Yes, he was terrible. And he does have massive whipping boy potential if that same Boldy returns.

I’ve admitted both scenarios. Thanks for whatever this is though I guess.

The real point we can all agree on is he’s become more assertive, and with the help of Mojo, is driving play. The team benefits, we get points, and the fans are happy. Yay.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
And before we debate semantics, because we both know you loveeeee to do that, “we agree to disagree” (patented by TaLoN himself).

Laytah 😘! <—— *supposed to be a blowing kiss emoji*

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I have been pretty complimentary of Zucc as a player, but Kaprizov's absence had proven that he is a complementary player, not a play driver.

Something to keep in mind in the summer should we have an opportunity to sign someone important, but need more cap space. Zucc should be at about his highest value ever...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I have been pretty complimentary of Zucc as a player, but Kaprizov's absence had proven that he is a complementary player, not a play driver.

Something to keep in mind in the summer should we have an opportunity to sign someone important, but need more cap space. Zucc should be at about his highest value ever...
That was pretty apparent during Kaprizov's presence as well.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018

Pretty hard to drive a play with a winger like Foligno that wants to dump in and grind?
Zucc is usually on his backside when he tries to retrieve a dump in.
But yes, it seems that they need to find a new Buddy for Kap.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities

Would Zucc produce at the level Mojo is producing at with Boldy if he was on Boldy's line? Mojo is being paid $1m.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't want to take Zucc for granted. His production has been excellent, as well as his bang for the buck. It's not easy being Robin, and many talented players cannot do it. Just saying, if something REALLY good pops up in off season, then don't you have to at least consider moving a 35 yo winger?

Reactions: BagHead

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I don't want to take Zucc for granted. His production has been excellent, as well as his bang for the buck. It's not easy being Robin, and many talented players cannot do it. Just saying, if something REALLY good pops up in off season, then don't you have to at least consider moving a 35 yo winger?
Yes. You'd be stupid not to consider a good deal.

Reactions: BagHead and TaLoN

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Rangers fans think their GM wants Zucc back next year, and is ready to give up a 1st for him. Then I guess Guerin can't say no, depends on how much he values the chemistry between Zucc and Kaprizov.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I would want to have a backup plan that doesn't involve Kaprizov on an island. That plan could mean Boldy/Kaprizov but I've come around to wanting two scoring lines.

Could Kaprizov - Rossi - Hartman work?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I’m ok with moving Zuccarello, but if it’s going to seriously piss off Kaprizov I would prefer we just let his contract play out.

They have great undeniably chemistry together, but what other scoring forwards have gotten legitimate 5v5 ice time with 97?
Steel, Hartman, Parise, Bjugstad, Gaudreau have all gotten more than Boldy or JEE. I feel like almost anyone can get 50-60 points given a full season with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad