GDT: G70: Caps @ Wild 1pm CT, 7pm Sweden, 8pm Lapa (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Refs just wanted Dumba out of the end of the game
He didn’t get 10, did he? Just Wilson?
That was a tricky stoppage. We were in position to score, with a 3 on 1, but refs blew the whistle, because of a lack of helmet, or?

If it was a one goal game, do they still call that? It’s not like Dumba initiated anything, and stopping the play clearly harmed the Wild. You could argue that WAS should get an extra penalty for ripping off the helmet

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He didn’t get 10, did he? Just Wilson?
That was a tricky stoppage. We were in position to score, with a 3 on 1, but refs blew the whistle, because of a lack of helmet, or?

If it was a one goal game, do they still call that? It’s not like Dumba initiated anything, and stopping the play clearly harmed the Wild. You could argue that WAS should get an extra penalty for ripping off the helmet
Dumba only got one of the even 2's

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Crazy that Hartman through everything including his slow start and stretch of games on lower lines is on pace for a 22g - 52 point season per 82 games. I think a healthy Hartman with Kaprizov is a legit 25g - 55-60 point player.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He’s got one of the softest hands I’ve seen in a while and when he also has the confidence to use them the right way he’s a superstar in the making. I wonder if he has much potential to improve his skating a bit more.
He's already a pretty good skater. You saw on the breakaways that he has deceptive speed. Once he got going, he was leaving everyone in his dust

He's a big man though, so it takes a few strides to get up to speed

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He’s got one of the softest hands I’ve seen in a while and when he also has the confidence to use them the right way he’s a superstar in the making. I wonder if he has much potential to improve his skating a bit more.
Skating is good enough. He will get a bit stronger just with maturity. What I hope to see is his shot improve, or at least have him regain confidence in his shot.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Skating is good enough. He will get a bit stronger just with maturity. What I hope to see is his shot improve, or at least have him regain confidence in his shot.
He has confidence in it right now, that's for sure! He's a completely different player when he has confidence like this

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
He's already a pretty good skater. You saw on the breakaways that he has deceptive speed. Once he got going, he was leaving everyone in his dust

He's a big man though, so it takes a few strides to get up to speed

True. But I rarely see him separate himself from the opposition like that. Albeit I’m not able to watch every game so I’m at a disadvantage here. I’ll take you guys word for it.

The confidence shouldn’t be an issue after a performance like that. But yes, there’s room for improvement. The mentality is starting to be there, which is a lot harder to teach in my opinion. Hopefully he follows it up by shooting holes into his wall like there’s no tomorrow.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I dislike early these early start times. I forgot about the game.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
True. But I rarely see him separate himself from the opposition like that.
Again, it's more because it takes a few strides to get up to that speed. It's not an instant switch like it was for Gaborik back in the day. That's a rare skill for a big man like Boldy, so likely shouldn't expect it.

Reactions: Jugitsu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad