GDT: G68: Wild @ Blues | 7PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Ducks, Kings, Blues, Sharks, Knights and Senators is the next 6 games. Win those and things are looking great. It's doable if we can get Ek back soon.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Ducks, Kings, Blues, Sharks, Knights and Senators is the next 6 games. Win those and things are looking great. It's doable if we can get Ek back soon.
It’s nice that there’s only 3 games in a 12-day span. Gives Ek plenty of time to rest up if he needs it without risking too much.

Would be huge to get him back for the Kings game though.

Reactions: Sweetnut

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Kings twice , Knights twice , Avs twice , Jets and Blues. We need to win 5 out of 8 there to have any chance. That’s a tall order

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
It was massive
IMG_1681.gif

I mean if nobody else is going to..

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I love seeing the team win, but…

Wild management if they squeak into the playoffs only to get bounced in the first round again.

IMG_8625.jpeg

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wild management if they squeak into the playoffs only to get bounced in the first round again.

That's because this is Wild fans when they squeak into the playoffs only to get bounced in the first round
1710649812438.png

Leipold has no reason to change the formula

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I would imagine if they claw their way in by a point or two, the expectations from most in this town would be pretty low. Look at our roster, and then look at the top teams they'd most likely be facing.

I can't decide what's better.....backing your way into the postseason (being nearly a lock only to almost blow it) like the Wings and Knights are at the moment...or having a little momentum by fighting to reach the final PO spot in the last week. Which of those scenarios would put more pressure on a team to succeed in the first round?

Based on the ugly struggles of this season, the holes in our roster, the below average goaltending, and how we are barely hanging on....if there was a time where I wouldn't freak out about going home after the first round, well....this year would be it.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I would imagine if they claw their way in by a point or two, the expectations from most in this town would be pretty low. Look at our roster, and then look at the top teams they'd most likely be facing.

I can't decide what's better.....backing your way into the postseason (being nearly a lock only to almost blow it) like the Wings and Knights are at the moment...or having a little momentum by fighting to reach the final PO spot in the last week. Which of those scenarios would put more pressure on a team to succeed in the first round?

Based on the ugly struggles of this season, the holes in our roster, the below average goaltending, and how we are barely hanging on....if there was a time where I wouldn't freak out about going home after the first round, well....this year would be it.
Yes, to be in this spot and basically have it in their own hands is quite an accomplishment in my mind. With the cap penalty and that stubborn coach to begin the season...and that awful start.
I think it is pretty great all things considered. Even if they burn out and fade away, they still handled themselves good up to this point. All the adversity and the massive injuries to their best players.
Well done, boys. And props to Hynes, he's doing great.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
On the other hand, if they claw their way in, no expectations and have nothing to lose.....might make them a little lighter on their feet. Dangerous.

It would be very typical of them ( and very Minnesota sports ) to finally slay the dragon the one year where they sucked.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
no power plays for the wild seems fishy to me. i question the 1st period hartman penalty when he ends up face first on the ice and both players go to the box.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
no power plays for the wild seems fishy to me. i question the 1st period hartman penalty when he ends up face first on the ice and both players go to the box.
They were going to get one PP late in the third, but Bogo decided to retaliate and got booted too. He could have just kept his cool, but no.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
They were going to get one PP late in the third, but Bogo decided to retaliate and got booted too. He could have just kept his cool, but no.
I still think that was a weak call on Bogo, after he got cup checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad