GDT: G64: Wild @ Avalanche - 8PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I have Faber at 8-8.5, Rossi at 6, Marat at 4 (but that's most likely high), Wallstedt at 2, Konecny at 8-8.5 (similar to Fiala). But the cap that year is not as plentiful as some might think. Adding Yurov to the above projections put you close up to the cap, and I believe you still need a defenseman or two.
Faber $8.5
Konecney $8.5
Rossi $4.5
Khusnuts $2.5
Wallstedt $2
Yurov ELC

Kaprizov - Eriksson Ek - Boldy
Yurov - Rossi - Konecny
Zuccarello - Khusnuts - Hartman
Foligno - Gaudreau - Whoever ($900k)
Whoever ($900k)

Brodin - Faber
Somebody - Spurgeon
Somebody - Bogosian
Whoever ($900k)

Gustavsson/Wallstedt

$6.5M in space for the 2 "somebodies" if the cap is $92 million. Could be Middleton at $4M and Chisholm for $2.5M, or an ELC LD.

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Hey! They were not all at once!
giphy-downsized.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Faber $8.5
Konecney $8.5
Rossi $4.5
Khusnuts $2.5
Wallstedt $2
Yurov ELC

Yurov - Rossi - Konecny
Whoever ($900k)

Brodin - Faber
Somebody - Spurgeon
Somebody - Bogosian
Whoever ($900k)

Gustavsson/Wallstedt

$6.5M in space for the 2 "somebodies" if the cap is $92 million. Could be Middleton at $4M and Chisholm for $2.5M, or an ELC LD.
Wallstedt is the one who could be more expensive

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They start to go one-by-one starting in 2026-27.

Marat at $4M after 1 year definitely seems high. Same with Rossi on a bridge. I think you can pull another $3M out those numbers.

Faber $8.5
Konecney $8.5
Rossi $4.5
Khusnuts $2.5
Wallstedt $2
Yurov ELC

Yurov - Rossi - Konecny
Whoever ($900k)

Brodin - Faber
Somebody - Spurgeon
Somebody - Bogosian
Whoever ($900k)

Gustavsson/Wallstedt

1709957019863.png

So about 6M for a 12th and 13th forward, as well as 2nd and 3rd pair LD's, and probably a 7th D. Doable, depending on how you handle LD2, but not as comfortable as you think.

And filling some of these spots with ELC's/Milne on a cheap deal, leaves you less than 3M for that 2LD spot, and you have very little cap space to add at the deadline.

1709957233812.png

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
View attachment 832878

So about 6M for a 12th and 13th forward, as well as 2nd and 3rd pair LD's, and probably a 7th D. Doable, depending on how you handle LD2, but not as comfortable as you think.

And filling some of these spots with ELC's/Milne on a cheap deal, leaves you less than 3M for that 2LD spot, and you have very little cap space to add at the deadline.

View attachment 832880
It was never going to be "comfortable", and the salary cap definitely matters. $89.5M vs. $91.5M could be the difference between possible and not.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It was never going to be "comfortable", and the salary cap definitely matters. $89.5M vs. $91.5M could be the difference between possible and not.

Yeah there's little pockets of money you can pick up here and there. I'm not comfortable projecting the cap to go up 4M per season every year, but you can also find another 1M by dropping Rossi and Marat's contracts by 500k each. I'm not saying the cap is prohibitive and we couldn't try it, but that is the extent of your big moves for a few years if you do go for Konecny. I also want to have plenty of space for Kaprizov in case the cap doesn't go up too much.

I like the lineup I made for the most part, defense is still a little suspect, but that's two top lines and a good bottom six, so the defense can be a little weaker.

I would feel good about moving 2025 1st, Ohgren, Haight, 3rd for Konecny after July 1 and extending him.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah there's little pockets of money you can pick up here and there. I'm not comfortable projecting the cap to go up 4M per season every year, but you can also find another 1M by dropping Rossi and Marat's contracts by 500k each. I'm not saying the cap is prohibitive and we couldn't try it, but that is the extent of your big moves for a few years if you do go for Konecny. I also want to have plenty of space for Kaprizov in case the cap doesn't go up too much.

I like the lineup I made for the most part, defense is still a little suspect, but that's two top lines and a good bottom six, so the defense can be a little weaker.
I was just going by what Cap Friendly is showing, as unofficial as it is. $87.5M next year and $92M the year after.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I was just going by what Cap Friendly is showing, as unofficial as it is. $87.5M next year and $92M the year after.

I wonder where they get that number. That would make the money easy enough to find a good 2nd pair LD to cover for the fact that Spurgeon is likely going to miss time that season again.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I wonder where they get that number. That would make the money easy enough to find a good 2nd pair LD to cover for the fact that Spurgeon is likely going to miss time that season again.
Basically just the same as the prior year increase but a tad conservative. Probably not very scientific.

If Kaprizov sticks around, I think you can just basically give him Zuccarello's $4.125M (or most of it) and call it good. The "problem" becomes if Wallstedt ends up really good and needs a Sorokin-type deal. Or if you're wrong about Konecny. Always that risk too.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Basically just the same as the prior year increase but a tad conservative. Probably not very scientific.

If Kaprizov sticks around, I think you can just basically give him Zuccarello's $4.125M (or most of it) and call it good. The "problem" becomes if Wallstedt ends up really good and needs a Sorokin-type deal. Or if you're wrong about Konecny. Always that risk too.
At a certain point Spurgeon should be gone too, and Foligno, so you can adjust the term on some of the bridges to account for that

This doesn't compute in my head. Rossi is a no, but a top 10 pick where we would get a player we desperately need is a yes?

Well I personally said I was against this years 1st, and would only do the 2025 pick

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
No shootouts this year, what have the Wild had, One? Then they never used him. Think last years shootouts were a big confidence boost for him.
He might be getting a chance today the way things going right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad