GDT: G34: Isn't there.... a game today? Wild @ Jets - 1PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
If Guerin trades picks for a stopgap goalie just so we can get embarrassed in the playoffs again, I’ll be pissed.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Pretty clear this is where tough guy Foligno needs to take on Dillon.
Nothing will happen.
Well maybe a fight which will accomplish zero.
Kap will still be hurt.

Pretty clear this is where tough guy Foligno needs to take on Dillon.

Reactions: Minnesota

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Tough one, some bad puck luck and even worse injury luck. Bottom pair was the problem in this one again. Hope for the best with Kap and Gus.

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
Refs have been bad. 3rd pairing is horrible. they've looked more agressive. Thats why they lost tonight.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Jets realized hacking /injuring Kap will not be punished so why not? Until someone hacks Dillon it will continue.
Fight tomorrow won’t really prove much. It’ll probably just put Minnesota on the penalty kill and down an extra goal..

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Refs have been bad. 3rd pairing is horrible. they've looked more agressive. Thats why they lost tonight.
Refs are always bad in Winnipeg no?

Lots of guys with a clear shot waiting or deferring.

Is it a cap issue why Mermis or Hint aren’t in?
Can’t be any worse than Merrill.

Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This is what drives me crazy about the NHL. They let no talent and washed up bums(Dillon, Suter) take out exciting stars (Kaprizov)with blatant crosschecks, and don't even call them, nvm Stanley. As if the fans are going to flock to the game to watch Dillon.... just idiotic.

Meanwhile, in the NBA, if you even breathe on a star you are given a foul. Not saying that is the way to go, either, but they, at least, understand protecting your stars. Even the NFL is protecting the QB's and WR's way more than they used to. NHL has to get their head out of their asses.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
GMBG should not trade any assets.
This is exactly how a wild card game playoff game will look.
Gus and Kap out it’s doubtful we’ll get an opportunity to get destroyed in the first round.

Hopefully a regroup on plane ride home. North South hockey may be the route against Jets. The cross ice passes did not work today.

All I want for Christmas is Merrill in the press box.
Two goals at least directly his fault.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
This game is the perfect example of why cheering for this current iteration of the wild is pure stupidity. They have some great pieces but are one or two cost controlled young superstars and a few smart fa signings away from being a threat to anyone

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I watched the game after I got home, so kinda fast forwarded through some parts...but holy hell, Goligoski had at least 4-5 terrible turnovers. Merrill had a couple, too. Mermis and Hunt would be way better.

Unsure how long Wallstedt is out and if Gustaffson is out a long time, I echo what everyone else said, please don't trade assets away. Stay the course, sell what you can at trade deadline, etc.

Reactions: fgobuzz

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I watched the game after I got home, so kinda fast forwarded through some parts...but holy hell, Goligoski had at least 4-5 terrible turnovers. Merrill had a couple, too. Mermis and Hunt would be way better.

Unsure how long Wallstedt is out and if Gustaffson is out a long time, I echo what everyone else said, please don't trade assets away. Stay the course, sell what you can at trade deadline, etc.
Is there any team in the NHL that would want anyone of our players that don't have a clause?

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Is there any team in the NHL that would want anyone of our players that don't have a clause?
I think people would take Maroon and Duhaime. Not sure how much they'd be worth though.

Probably could've had a good pull for Foligno, Zucc, and Hartman - and probably a chance we could re-sign after playoffs. But noooooooooo, Billy had to do his wild wild west stuff.

Reactions: Sweetnut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad