GDT: G31: Cuban Sammiches @ Mumbo Sauce central - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Wasn't able to watch the game. Kind of stinks they scored a possible go ahead goal to make it 2-1, only to have it called back for that stupid offsides rule. I just feel that rule are taking away more goals from teams, than actually helping the refs avoid embarrassment of missing a player being completely offsides. How close was it anyways because the stupid NHL recap vid didn't even show it(just the ref announcing no goal for offsides and then showing the Caps had made it 2-1 on Jansen's great shot from the point using some screens.

Pacorietty. He might be ready to get back in the lineup on the 27th.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Wasn't able to watch the game. Kind of stinks they scored a possible go ahead goal to make it 2-1, only to have it called back for that stupid offsides rule. I just feel that rule are taking away more goals from teams, than actually helping the refs avoid embarrassment of missing a player being completely offsides. How close was it anyways because the stupid NHL recap vid didn't even show it(just the ref announcing no goal for offsides and then showing the Caps had made it 2-1 on Jansen's great shot from the point using some screens.

Pacorietty. He might be ready to get back in the lineup on the 27th.
I know who it is. I was saying he's the "scoring addtion" being requested.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Pretty good game, great effort after the 1st pd, dominated for a nice chunk after the 1st 20 was looking like it wouldn't be our night at all
Giving up just 1 goal against a Tampa team that scored 20 the last 4gms was awesome, Jensen had some great D plays esp in the 3rd

Going into the break I don't know how there can be any complaints at where we are in the standings

Offensive production however, has proven to be a big issue, just ain't no way of keeping a 104 pt. pace (along w/giving up the 1st goal so many times) with our lack of scoring...
Team is doing a lot of things right and like how Carbs has got them going, just wonder how long it will last without getting regular scoring

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Rather than call out Chucky, how about the shooters score? Better yet, the team gets it done in the first 65 minutes. Chuck's done a lot to help put us where we are in the standings.
Not calling out Chucky! You are taking my words out of context a bit. I will repeat again. "Chucky is just not established like Vasilevskiy in that regard(shootout)". That was my answer to Tycoonheart saying, "Yeah, Chucky stinks in the SO."

Point was lucky/skillful at the same time. Point lost the puck off his stick blade towards his right. Chucky leaned a bit and had the angle, but Point's skill set he got just enough control of the puck again and shot it top corner over Chucky's glove-hand side shoulder, with the toe of his stick blade. Hedman was lucky/skillful but in a different way. He has like a mile long reach, fired it forehand off the post(I have seen him do this multiple times in the shootout) and in, on Chucky's glove-side.

When Kuzy is accurate(he usually is because he either beats the goalie sharply low to mid level or hits the post), he scores. Not Prime Oshie automatic but almost as good.

I don't put much stock into the shootouts, whether the Caps or their opponent prevail. It's a crap shoot skills competition to see which team can get the 2nd point if there is no winner in OT. If I'm the coach of the team, the way I see it my team battled to a 1-1 tie and the Bolts came away with the 2nd point in the shootout. No team really won the game, but by NHL rules one team has to be awarded the 2nd point that goes into the win column but is not marked as a RW/ROW for tie breaker purposes!

Chucky, the $1.1 million goalie, stayed toe to toe with Vasilevskiy, the $9.5 million goalie who has won 2 Cups! So after me saying all that, am I really calling out Chucky?!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Pretty good game, great effort after the 1st pd, dominated for a nice chunk after the 1st 20 was looking like it wouldn't be our night at all
Giving up just 1 goal against a Tampa team that scored 20 the last 4gms was awesome, Jensen had some great D plays esp in the 3rd

Going into the break I don't know how there can be any complaints at where we are in the standings

Offensive production however, has proven to be a big issue, just ain't no way of keeping a 104 pt. pace (along w/giving up the 1st goal so many times) with our lack of scoring...
Team is doing a lot of things right and like how Carbs has got them going, just wonder how long it will last without getting regular scoring
Also, Caps PK/Chucky shutdown the leagues 2nd best PP and a team with I believe in top 10 goal scoring as a team! They also didn't give a single point to the NHL leading point producer, KuCHEATERov!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

I see some help on the way in Patches n Bear! As long as Patches can keep healthy, he's a top 6er forward who can score goals inside the circles. 6ft 2in 215 lbs frame, kind of like a Knuble 25 goaler type that can put up balanced goals/assists. Bear could help the PP(that probably means 2nd unit needs to be given more time on it) besides being a 2-way 4/5 d-man.

Reactions: Misery74

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Meh game. Tampa was really toothless. Propably should have won but these games happen.

I wish we'd stop putting Ovechkin in SO's. He has sucked in those his entire career and this season he's 0-for-7 in his last 7. It's no shame to be bad at breakaways. These points are huge in few months though so can't really keep giving other teams an advantage there.

Fred22406Capsfan

Jan 19, 2020
Not calling out Chucky! You are taking my words out of context a bit. I will repeat again. "Chucky is just not established like Vasilevskiy in that regard(shootout)". That was my answer to Tycoonheart saying, "Yeah, Chucky stinks in the SO."

Point was lucky/skillful at the same time. Point lost the puck off his stick blade towards his right. Chucky leaned a bit and had the angle, but Point's skill set he got just enough control of the puck again and shot it top corner over Chucky's glove-hand side shoulder, with the toe of his stick blade. Hedman was lucky/skillful but in a different way. He has like a mile long reach, fired it forehand off the post(I have seen him do this multiple times in the shootout) and in, on Chucky's glove-side.

When Kuzy is accurate(he usually is because he either beats the goalie sharply low to mid level or hits the post), he scores. Not Prime Oshie automatic but almost as good.

I don't put much stock into the shootouts, whether the Caps or their opponent prevail. It's a crap shoot skills competition to see which team can get the 2nd point if there is no winner in OT. If I'm the coach of the team, the way I see it my team battled to a 1-1 tie and the Bolts came away with the 2nd point in the shootout. No team really won the game, but by NHL rules one team has to be awarded the 2nd point that goes into the win column but is not marked as a RW/ROW for tie breaker purposes!

Chucky, the $1.1 million goalie, stayed toe to toe with Vasilevskiy, the $9.5 million goalie who has won 2 Cups! So after me saying all that, am I really calling out Chucky?!
Ahh, gotcha! In my defense I'll say there was a bit of alcohol involved with that answer :D

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I love how fast we look. Need some young guys to figure out how to put the puck in back of net and become dynamic. Patches should bring some scoring punch and make our “third” line with Kuzy and Oshie pretty formidable. Would become our defacto 2nd line with McMichael line being third line. Will be interesting to see the look when back from Christmas break.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I love how fast we look. Need some young guys to figure out how to put the puck in back of net and become dynamic. Patches should bring some scoring punch and make our “third” line with Kuzy and Oshie pretty formidable. Would become our defacto 2nd line with McMichael line being third line. Will be interesting to see the look when back from Christmas break.
On paper, Milano-Kuzy-Pacioretty is not bad for a 3rd line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad