GDT: G22: Caps @ Yotes - 9:08 EST - Don't Fear The Reaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I started banging the rebuild drum last year... trying to commit to being competitive was a pipe dream. I can't believe anybody even thought it was possible with the assets(or lack thereof) we had to retool with. Laughable. Time to start taking the rebuild serious and commit to it.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
BMac is racking up those bad contract points.
And of course, when the Caps were on a little bit of a run, he made himself available to press to talk about the nice mix this year of young and old players, as if it was all part of his master plan.

Plan doesn’t look so hot right now.

Better to just jettison any dead weight, of which there is much.
Keep willy, Fever, Malenstyn, CMM, Pro, and Lindgren. And Ovie for old time’s sake.

Put the rest up for sale. Or rent.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I started banging the rebuild drum last year... trying to commit to being competitive was a pipe dream. I can't believe anybody even thought it was possible with the assets(or lack thereof) we had to retool with. Laughable. Time to start taking the rebuild serious and commit to it.
I mean they sort of are. Miro, Leonard,and Cristal get valuable experience while Caps bust the seams for when they’re NHL ready. Thankfully they aren’t wasting time in the NHL and doing well for their respected teams.

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
And of course, when the Caps were on a little bit of a run, he made himself available to press to talk about the nice mix this year of young and old players, as if it was all part of his master plan.

Plan doesn’t look so hot right now.
He's a master manipulator and picks his spots nicely. Had had 90% of this forum believing he was going to retool this off-season and bring in a young top six forward and get some young D in the lineup. lol

Holtbyisms

Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I mean they sort of are. Miro, Leonard,and Cristal get valuable experience while Caps bust the seams for when they’re NHL ready. Thankfully they aren’t wasting time in the NHL and doing well for their respected teams.
Junior players are part of a rebuild. Something I'm really excited about and looking forward to. The so called "retool" was supposed to be with current competitive NHL players who would help us make a playoff push this season.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I dislike Locker saying Kuemper was left out to dry. Kuemper just flat out didn't stop the 1st/2nd goals and the 3rd was poor angling.

Something tells me they gave this start to Kuemper because it was his former team.
1st goal wasn't Kuemper's fault. It was a beauty of a pass across the crease to a rushing Cooley on the powerplay. That was absolutely Kuemper being left out to dry.

The other 2 were terrible, but the first wasn't on him.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He's a master manipulator and picks his spots nicely. Had had 90% of this forum believing he was going to retool this off-season and bring in a young top six forward and get some young D in the lineup. lol

You’re acting like the guy didn’t try, which is just flat out wrong.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Caps have been a tough watch much of this season - underscored by their goal differential - but they’re plumbing new depths here

Reactions: troyerlaw

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Junior players are part of a rebuild. Something I'm really excited about and looking forward to. The so called "retool" was supposed to be with current competitive NHL players who would help us make a playoff push this season.
I don’t think anyone really believe this was a retool. It’s more of cross fingers and get Ovy the record and wait on youngsters. Sadly, Ovy not getting goals to ease the pain Of nights like this though.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Guys what did locker mean when he said 5 minutes periods for the rest of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad