GDT: G2 - Wild @ "Stars" - 8:30pm CT on ESPN(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It's russo guessing, he's not the best guesser... nothing is confirmed at this point.

I hope you're right. But Russo was on KFAN yesterday predicting that Gus would get the start. I'm wondering if he picked up some new info today that made him change his mind.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I honestly don't think starting MAF would be the worst idea. Starting a fresh goalie wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. Especially with how long game 1 lingered on.

Edit: I'm not championing MAF to start, but would understand the reasoning.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I honestly don't think starting MAF would be the worst idea. Starting a fresh goalie wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. Especially with how long game 1 lingered on.

Edit: I'm not championing MAF to start, but would understand the reasoning.

I get the reasoning....but my fear is that MAF will give up a couple of softies in the 1st period and we won't be able to recover.

Reactions: Sweetnut

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I will say this.....one thing that Evason really struggles with is stopping the bleeding if a goalie is struggling during a game. It's been documented how he absolutely hates pulling guys. He'll leave them out there well past 5-6 goals. This is the postseason. If either of our crease monkeys were to drop the ball early on, you yank them while there is still time to get back in the game! Now is not the time to just throw the game and let them work themselves out of it.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I mean if they at least want some sort of split, you better find out fast whether Fleury has anything in the tank.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
This must be some kind of ruse, a Russo ruse. Mindgames.
You just don´t sit a goalie after such a performance. You don´t.
Do you? It can´t be!
I was confident they were going to rotate, but you have to give Gus Game 2 after what he did in the first game.

Reactions: TaLoN

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Gus sets franchise record for most saves in a playoff game
Fleury gets the start next game

#JustDeanThings

Reactions: The Enemy Within

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
No coach in the history of the NHL has pulled a hot goalie in the playoffs. If crappie starts the game will be over after the first period.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Maybe Russo's just trolling us

JBurd1

Ice Queen
Dec 30, 2016
I really hope Gus gets the start. I might sneak in a small nap prior to puck drop so I can properly function tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad