GDT: G2 - Wild @ "Stars" - 8:30pm CT on ESPN(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
If Fleury is in net because Gus is tired after playing for almost 2 games, I can almost live with that. If Fleury is in net because ”cups and wins” I’m ready to run Dean over with a truck.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
If Fleury is in net because Gus is tired after playing for almost 2 games, I can almost live with that. If Fleury is in net because ”cups and wins” I’m ready to run Dean over with a truck.
There is 0 chance Gus didn’t wanna go

Reactions: JBurd1

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I mean, I don't hate Fleury, I actually really like him and enjoy his crazy style from an entertainment standpoint, but I do see a much better goalie on the bench. I think it's fair to call that out if it's true (or if you think it's true, anyway).
I agree 100%. I just think that perspective is in order.

My personal opinion is that Gus would have had 5 goals against based on the defensive play so far tonight. I didn't see the third goal against, but the rest Fleury was hung out to dry. All goals were scored in the prime scoring areas.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
emma-stone-excited.gif

Fleury made a save!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I agree 100%. I just think that perspective is in order.

My personal opinion is that Gus would have had 5 goals against based on the defensive play so far tonight. I didn't see the third goal against, but the rest Fleury was hung out to dry. All goals were scored in the prime scoring areas.
Sometimes, goalies make great saves that change momentum. Gus does that. Fleury hasn't even come close tonight

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
This game has been a disaster for Fleury, even if you can't blame him for all 6.

Gus plays the next two games, pretty sure about that.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
There is 0 chance Gus didn’t wanna go

I don’ doubt it. Players themselves don’t always no what’s best for them. The first option is the only way I can somehow stomach his decision. But if I ever f***ing hear Fleuy, wins and cups in the same sentence I’m going to lose it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Good goalie on the other side, d breaks down, goalie makes big save instead of automatic goal on a high danger chance

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Sure, doesn't change the fact the defense hung the goalie out to dry.
Fluery was bad , the odds he was gonna be bad were higher than the odds Gus would be bad. Fluery broke the teams back with the soft goals. Simple as that. The team was bad , the goalie was terrible

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Does show that a better goaltender can make unexpected saves, like Gus has done all year and on Monday night
Gus didn't have to deal with this bullshit defense on Monday or for most of the year. I seriously can't think of a single game that has had this many defensive breakdowns.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Can we please separate Kap and Zucc right now. The game is dead, so let's start experimenting and see if there is a spark with Kap and Nyquist already.

Reactions: Sweetnut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad