Post-Game Talk: G10: Bs @ Caps | 2/1/21 | 7p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
he's not really that good. huge caps fan but let's be real. he's an AHL goalie that has done ok at best.

I like his compete level. He's shown up every game and played hard despite not having great stats. But the team is just going soft after like 1.5 periods. When it was 4-3, someone needs to step up and tie that and get to OT even to take an OT loss.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Very SSS, but Kuznetov’s analytics were awesome to start the year. He should be much closer to the guy he was under Trotz (at least passable defensively) versus the tire fire he was under Reirden.
Feels like the Kuznetsov hate is growing by the day and the dude hasn’t even been playing and he played well in the games he did besides the awful 5v3 dump in that led to a shorty against Pittsburgh.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Well yeah. Ovechkin and Kuznetsov are terrible defensively. Guys like Sgarbossa and Sprong/Sheary or whomever replaces them are much harder to play against and battle a lot harder.
I don’t think anyone is going to claim Ovie is a great defender, but if you’re suggesting 5’9” falls-over-on-his-own Conor Sheary and Daniel “my defensive lapses got me sent to the AHL” Sprong are harder competitors who make the team tougher to play against than Ovie....

One regulation loss and this place loses its damn mind

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Bruins are pretty good, if we don't play a hard 60 minute game, we can blow 3-0 leads like tonight

Dangerous part is we've blown a lot of leads this young season and came out mostly unscathed, ain't no fun being scathed

Need to cut down on the Jekyll and Hyde -- look great and unbeatable for chunks of the game, then sloppy, chaotic and outworked for other chunks

Fully confident in Lavi to get shit tuned up

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
he wasn't to blame today but today he wasn't stellar or as good as he could have been.

Jeez maybe he needs a rest? He's played about 7 games in a row, hasn't he?

I'd also factor in that he's never played at NHL level until now, and has been thrown in at the deep end. That's an awful lot of pressure to put on somebody. I think he's done a fantastic job in these circumstances, and certainly wouldn't criticise him for not saving his team's ass tonight. I don't think this loss is on him at all.

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Watching the game right now. Some tips:
- it's funny but txpd will still come out one of these days and say that Jensen is a serviceable defenseman at the NHL level. What's even more funny: there were like 10-15 people just the other day liking posts about how he's been good for this team after a slow start in his Caps tenure. The guy barely can hold his equilibrium the moment someone touches him. I want to see the face of a man who told Maclellan it's a good idea trading for this guy and giving him a 10M bucks contract. Whoever that is he should be a janitor.
- Sprong needs minutes. I don't care about inconsistency, his defense and all this shit, people put up with it from Vrana and Kuzy, nobody gonna die if they'll give Sprong a chance to show what he got in top-6. The guy clearly has some serious skill and balls to pull some creative stuff off. How many of this typa young guys Caps have signed recently?
- Ovechkin needs to not be the highest paid player on this team for it to be relevant. I'll die on this hill.
- Vanecek has some technical deficiencies. Clearly the talent is there but there's obviously a work to be done there and he needs a good goalie coach, not that charlatan they have right now.
- Man I'm a fan of Carlo. B's sure know how to draft the D. If only they'd had that good an eye for forwards they would've already won the cup.
- The defense on all goals has been an absolute abomination. Pastrnak on his second goal could have also called his mom and asked what's for the dinner and still would be all alone in a deadly spot.

This team is like this nice and shiny carriage that turns into a pumpkin once everyone's convinced they're for real.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
Watching the game right now. Some tips:
- Vanecek has some technical deficiencies. Clearly the talent is there but there's obviously a work to be done there and he needs a good goalie coach, not that charlatan they have right now.
This team is like this nice and shiny carriage that turns into a pumpkin once everyone's convinced they're for real.
100% correct

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Why do you “follow” the Caps? Every post is about how they suck according to your rube-Goldberg numbers “system”....:skeptic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad