Value of: G Sandro Aeschlimann - Davos (NL)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Know almost nothing about him but the 27-year-old has steadily risen in the Swiss league since playing Division III college hockey in the US.

Made his debut at the national team level at this year's WC in Finland and has supplanted one-time Devils' prospect Gilles Senn as the starter for Davos.

Any NHL potential?

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Know almost nothing about him but the 27-year-old has steadily risen in the Swiss league since playing Division III college hockey in the US.

Made his debut at the national team level at this year's WC in Finland and has supplanted one-time Devils' prospect Gilles Senn as the starter for Davos.

Any NHL potential?
He is already 27 turning 28 in December. He did have a great season but it was really his first on the top level. Also his one game at the WC was really not good so I doubt there is any NHL interest at this time. Also given his age I would be stunned if we would ever see him on NHL ice.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He is already 27 turning 28 in December. He did have a great season but it was really his first on the top level. Also his one game at the WC was really not good so I doubt there is any NHL interest at this time. Also given his age I would be stunned if we would ever see him on NHL ice.
When it comes to goalies 27-28 doesn't seem as past the prime as it is with skaters.

While Tim Thomas was a few years ago and is an extreme example, goalies who have come over in their late 20's often have a decade or more left in them.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
When it comes to goalies 27-28 doesn't seem as past the prime as it is with skaters.

While Tim Thomas was a few years ago and is an extreme example, goalies who have come over in their late 20's often have a decade or more left in them.
Oh no doubt about that, I am not saying he is old but I just do not see a path to the NHL with his body of work for him.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Seventeen games thus season and again putting up good numbers on a middle-of-the-pack Davos team.

Has this drawn attention from NHL scouts?

edit: He was also selected to Switzerland in the Karjala Cup tournament.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad