G Samuel Hlavaj (2019 undrafted; signed by MIN)

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
It looks like, we have some special goalie prospect. The statistics dont say it, but have heard, that he is the best goalie prospect in recent years.

Samuel Hlavaj was considered for the 3. goalie position for the last U20 WCH. But then Bokros said, maybe it is too much for him now.

You can't be serious, one of the best goalie prospect in recent years? I can name 10 goalies who are/were just as good as he is right now. Please be careful with your boasting...

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Because of one game? Come on man...
He’s actually been quite good in both the Slovak league and second league this season while playing on the team with 0 wins, and gets slaughtered most games. Not even carter hart or other top goalie prospects would put up good numbers on orange team. Let’s see what he can do with rest of games

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I really liked him.

Excellent lateral movement. Active hands and sticks. He was reading the play rather well.

The two goals were just screens and he can definitely get better at that.

I have a lot of time for him after that game.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
So is it safe to say this guy ends up in the CHL (if taken in the Import Draft) or NCAA? (if he sticks with USHL)
I’d say more unlikely that he goes to CHL, unless of course solid minutes are “guaranteed to him.” Probably be more beneficial to be the no.1 in Lincoln and look for ncaa scholarship than play limited role in the CHL. If he comes to ushl and puts up good numbers there is a chance he could get drafted. But ushl seems to be the path Slovak goalies in NA are taking

Reactions: Stive Morgan

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Samuel is currently playing on the worst team in the USHL, only 10 wins this season for the team. They have allowed the most goals, and give up most shots per game. The u18 tourney is likely his. This team will be strong so hopefully a good performance gives notice for scouts

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Samuel is currently playing on the worst team in the USHL, only 10 wins this season for the team. They have allowed the most goals, and give up most shots per game. The u18 tourney is likely his. This team will be strong so hopefully a good performance gives notice for scouts
when does the u18 tournament start?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad