G Kim Saarinen - HPK, FIN-U20 (2024 NHL Draft

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Can't find a thread for Saarinen, which is surprising unless my search feature is bugging.

Saarinen has recently taken over as my Top Goalie prospect for the 2024 NHL Draft, passing fellow Finn Eemil Vinni in a close battle for top spot in an admittedly weak draft year for netminders, at least compared to last year.

Saarinen, 6'4, is the top rated European goalie by NHL Central Scouting, right above Vinni at #2. What has made made now give Saarinen the nod is his continued maturity and capability to showcase himself in the pros, playing well in 2 Liiga games for HPK. It's still a close race, and I don't think anyone will knock Saarinen/Vinni from 1/2 for me, Saarinen has closed the gap recently.

Saarinen has done well in utilizing his size to be a highly efficient netminder while at the same having decent flexibility and puck tracking capabilities. He's a consistent and highly aware goalie with starting potential. Good chance hes the first goalie off the board by mid-late R2, early R3 at worst.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Vinni has stagnated as well.
He's looked alright at times. Has a bad defense but whenever he looks to be doing well he follows up with struggling performances. In terms of maturity I think he's arguably the best in that regard but he lets in too many bad goals. He still has starter potential for me if he can clean up his game further.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad