G Jesper Wallstedt (2021, 20th, MIN)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
His rebound control was vg. Otherwise, just a calm game, no miraculous saves, but that's his MO. The GA's weren't his fault.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
He still a tad nervous - you can see it when he's re-adjusting his positioning, his movements are still a little clunky. But when he's making the save, he's calm, stays big, and tracks the puck well.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
He’s gonna be just fine. You have to let young goalies find their way. Draft them, put them in the best position to succeed every year, and in 4-5 years hope they’re where you thought they’d be when you drafted them.

Both goalies from that 1st Round, look like they’re about a year away. They’ll both likely play about 10 NHL games next year, and then become full-time NHL players in 25’-26’. Right on schedule. Likely a season or two sharing a net, then owning the net, if everything goes well.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
His numbers would be different if he played behind a AHL team i AHL and a NHL team in NHL. And not behind a bad AHL team in AHL and a good AHL team in NHL.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
His numbers would be different if he played behind a AHL team i AHL and a NHL team in NHL. And not behind a bad AHL team in AHL and a good AHL team in NHL.
You're trying hard to be clever, and not really pulling it off. Players like Kirill Kaprizov, Matt Boldy, Jonas Brodin, and Brock Faber, among others, are not even close to being AHL players.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
You're trying hard to be clever, and not really pulling it off. Players like Kirill Kaprizov, Matt Boldy, Jonas Brodin, and Brock Faber, among others, are not even close to being AHL players.
I know they are good and realy good players. I am talking about the stretch when Wallstedt was called up the first time. A NHL team should not loose with such big numbers over and over again. Then u got a D that is (overall)at AHL level or 3 goalies that are at AHL level. Wallstedt was not playing behind a good team , not in NHL and not in AHL.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Since returning to the AHL he has in 2 games against the Grand Rapids stopped 61 out of 64 shots in a (very late) OTL and a W. And so his AHL season ends as I doubt he'll play both games in a back-to-back.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Would be interesting to se him in the World Championships for team Sweden. Doubt he will be selected though. They tend to go with veteran keepers.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad