Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
FB6A0664-F02D-46C5-B1B2-182CB10DBC34.jpeg

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hasn't he sucked in Rockford?

If he gets into game, I wonder how many father/son combo's have both played goalie in NHL

I assume it's a limited #

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

If he gets into game, I wonder how many father/son combo's have both played goalie in NHL

All fairness Rockford was a mess to start the year defensively. Then Stauber got injured so not a lot of playing time with 6 games only.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He's a body. It's not a matter if he was good in rockford or not

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014

I found this:

The first father/son combination in the National Hockey League nets was Sam LoPresti and his son, Pete LoPresti.

Sam LoPresti was one of the first great American-born goaltenders, spending two seasons with the Chicago Black Hawks in the early 1940s before heading off to serve in World War Two. In early March of 1941, Sam faced an amazing 83 shots on goal from the Boston Bruins, falling by a 3-2 score to fellow Evelethian Frank Brimsek (it should be noted here that although LoPresti was raised in Eveleth, he was born in nearby Elcor). That game was not the top of Sam's heroic list, however - in World War Two, he spent 42 days in a lifeboat before being rescued.

After playing at the University of Denver, the younger LoPresti made his National Hockey League debut on November 14, 1974, for his home state Minnesota North Stars in Buffalo. LoPresti played parts of five seasons for a very bad North Stars club before being selected by the expansion Edmonton Oilers in 1979 (just missing the North Stars' trip to the 1981 Stanley Cup final). Pete also got the chance to represent his country at the 1976 Canada Cup, losing to the host Canadians but beating Finland.

Reactions: BuddyTheGoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad