G Jakub Skarek - Pelicans, Liiga (2018, 72nd, NYI)

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Pelicans won the preseason tournament Pitsiturnaus and they didn't allow a single goal today. They played 2x15 min in all games but the final. Skarek put up 2 shutouts (the other being the final). The final was 2x20 min.

I thought he looked very good. Very calm and solid in net.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
I love that he is in all liklihood going to get a chance to work with the man who coached Dominik Hasek. I wonder if Hasek is an idol of Skarek's, being a Czech goalie and all...

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
How did Pelicans pulled this off though?, not very usual to steal this caliber goalie prospects.
I said quite some time ago that this young goalie would shine here, has not disappointed me so far.

He already made me confident during preseason.

Nosswor

Jun 24, 2016
How did Pelicans pulled this off though?, not very usual to steal this caliber goalie prospects.
I said quite some time ago that this young goalie would shine here, has not disappointed me so far.

Not sure that many of the elite European teams would take that much of a chance on an 18 year old who will probably be going to North America next season or the season after. No reason of bumping off your star goalie (which many of them have) for a guy who you might not be sure can lead a team at that age. I'm really glad that Pelicans took a shot on him.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Not sure that many of the elite European teams would take that much of a chance on an 18 year old who will probably be going to North America next season or the season after. No reason of bumping off your star goalie (which many of them have) for a guy who you might not be sure can lead a team at that age. I'm really glad that Pelicans took a shot on him.

By here, i meant Finland...Pelicans not my team :)

jonu

Dec 11, 2014
Moon

Nurminen likes his projects, even though he technically isnt the goalie coach anymore.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Yeah the Isles got a good one there from the looks of it.

Teams really profited from the Avs completely botching the 2018 draft from the looks of it.
I hated Kaut over Smith and Miller on draft night and I don't even want to think about what they did in the 2nd round...

Annunen is struggling pretty badly in the Mestis while Skarek seems to be excelling in the Liiga. I know very little about goalies but from all that I've read Skarek was always considered a better prospect even though he struggled a bit last year.

Good for the Isles though. Between him and Sorokin (if he ever comes over), the Isles are certainly well set up for the future in goal. Not many better goalie pipelines around and if Sorokin comes over in the next year or two, you might have one of the better goaltending situations in the league in the not so distant future on your hands which would be quite the turnaround for a franchise that has struggled finding quality goaltending for quite some time now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad