Value of: G Jake Allen

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Any teams interested in Allen? Under control for 3 years at 4.35M.

I see a number of teams where I would consider Allen to be an upgrade but curious how fans of other teams feel.

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
This is a two sided sword for the Blues. Moving Allen is fine on a money level but is the team for sure upgrading? Hutton(Have to sign him first) and Husso is that better? Not sure because Husso has not seen NHL playing time to know how much of his AHL will come over. No team will trade an elite goalie and free agent is super thin in options and nobody really a improvement over what we have now. So should the Blues gamble on Husso/Hutton is the question?

At the same time we can get rid of that contract. Which long term could be a good thing. We just have to remember Allen is streaky and when he good he damn good. But when he bad, he's very bad.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I think Colorado could use him.

Try to get a more reliable between the pipes because the roster in front of the goalie is just going to get better for the next few years from this year.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Carolina isn't spending any assets for Allen. Darling for Allen straight up. Otherwise Carolina is looking for a solution, not someone else's problem.
Allen could be your solution. He certainly isn't our problem. I just know that we would be able to resign Hutton and move Allen if that is the route management elected to take.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I don't ever remember a starting goalie being told to stay home from road trips so he could get his mind straight, let alone two years in a row. Allen isn't an upgrade over anyone.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Curious where you think Allen would be an upgrade?
I specifically was seeking opinions from other teams' fans but I will take the bait. This is my POV as a Blues fan.

Clear Upgrade
Hurricanes
Islanders

Upgrade/Lateral Move/Replacing Aging Netminder
Sabres - Replacement for Lehner
Flyers - Replacement for Elliott
Panthers - Replacement for Luongo
Senators - Replacement for Anderson
Flames - Replacement for Smith
Oilers - Replacement for Talbot

Reactions: dingbathero

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I specifically was seeking opinions from other teams' fans but I will take the bait. This is my POV as a Blues fan.

Clear Upgrade
Hurricanes
Islanders

Wasn't trying to bait you, just curious.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't ever remember a starting goalie being told to stay home from road trips so he could get his mind straight, let alone two years in a row. Allen isn't an upgrade over anyone.
Hey...that was only 1 yr lol

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Allen could be your solution. He certainly isn't our problem. I just know that we would be able to resign Hutton and move Allen if that is the route management elected to take.
I have little interest in buying high on Hutton. Thrust him into the 1A role and I'd bet money he crumbles.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Hey...that was only 1 yr lol
And a very unique situation as well. How often has a playoff spot been decided on the last night of the regular season where one of the teams had to play back-to-back games on the road?

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
I have little interest in buying high on Hutton. Thrust him into the 1A role and I'd bet money he crumbles.
Should Allen get traded, I would hope for another 1A/1B situation with Hutton and another goalie not currently on the roster.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA

Clear Upgrade
Hurricanes
Islanders

I agree Allen would be an upgrade for the Isles.
NY should make a deal if the Blues take back Clutterbuck plus Greiss.

Satanphonehome

Jan 4, 2015
In a vacuum, Lehner for Allen makes some sense. Ttwo once-promising goalies who were bad last year, yet still young enough to deserve a change of scenery shot.

Some believe the Sabres may not qualify Lehner, mostly because the offer would be for Allen money. But if they won’t qualify Lehner, not sure why they’d want his doppelgänger for three years at the same contract.

Also a decent chance that Lehner might sign for less than his qualifier, because it is very unlikely he will get $4 million-plus as a UFA.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
we can take greiss. i think management wants husso to be the #1 guy in SA this year and prove he can handle a starters workload. maybe roll a hutton/Greiss combo........... OMG MAYBE THEYRE PART OF A TAVARES SIGN AND TRADE:naughty:

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
The real question is what do the Blues do for a goalie who would be better than Allen? Don't say Hutton, because he's never shouldered the load as a #1. If you think Husso, then you have more faith in a player who has zero NHL ice time than I do. You roll with Allen and bring in a backup and let Husso get a year as the #1 in San Antonio. Then the following year you roll Allen and Husso as a 1A/1B which the Blues do so well at. The total cost in goalies between Husso and Allen would be just over $5.4M, which isn't bad money for a goalie tandem.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
That is too much salary coming this way and that Clutterbuck contract looks really bad in terms of length. And Greiss would be lateral at best.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
NYI and Carolina are the only two that definitely could use him.
hard to pinpoint his value. Carolina would wanna do Allen for Darling+
NYI would wanna unload Greiss in any deal

If the blues kept Hutton...i think a late 2nd/early 3rd is fair for Allen given the risk of his contract being burdensome if he continues to play terribly

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00