G Dustin Wolf (2019, 214th, CGY)

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I think it has a lot more to do with Markström than with Vladar. Without Vladar, some other dude would be in his spot. It's Markström and the team's poor performance but mostly roster flexibility.

Some other dude wouldn't be making 2 million for an extra year

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
I agree if he's ready he should have a spot if he's better than the alternative. You don't want to piss off your best prospect when he feels (and deserves) an nhl paycheck.. His time will come when it signing time and he might have a very good memory of what they pulled on him.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Pretty funny that his first few games at the NHL level led him to be left off most top prospect lists.

Guy is consistently ranked way below Askarov despite the fact that he’s had way better numbers until this year. I don’t think Wolf had a great year in the AHL, this is his worst season and Askarov’s best, and yet his save percentage is still better than Askarov (.923 to .915)

Consensus was that he was at best the 4th best goalie prospect coming into this season despite his accolades. Another example of the ‘geniuses’ that rank prospects around here and on the internet

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Pretty funny that his first few games at the NHL level led him to be left off most top prospect lists.

Guy is consistently ranked way below Askarov despite the fact that he’s had way better numbers until this year. I don’t think Wolf had a great year in the AHL, this is his worst season and Askarov’s best, and yet his save percentage is still better than Askarov (.923 to .915)

Consensus was that he was at best the 4th best goalie prospect coming into this season despite his accolades. Another example of the ‘geniuses’ that rank prospects around here and on the internet
Both him and Devon Levi suffered from the exact same thing. Early struggles when they weren’t quite ready and hadn’t made the adjustments yet for the NHL in their first stints. So goalies who hadn’t had to face that challenge yet got put ahead of them. This years development path for Wolf seems to have done wonders. Give him a stint of 5 games in December to introduce him to the AHL. Send him down with some identified things for him to work on. Bring him up for another brief taste and an update on his progress. Now he’s being handed a role after a year of work and this is the best he’s looked by far.

Reactions: Fantomas

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Curious what his stats are after 20.nhl games. Think he's at 12 now. 3 wins and near .890.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
He will not amount to much.....to much of a midget and has hardly looked passable in the games he has played so far.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad