G Carter Hart (2016, 48th, PHI)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Carter Hart's streak has ended.

After dealing with mono to start the season which caused him to miss all of October, Hart had won WHL Goalie of the Month in Nov, Dec and Jan. But in February, Riley Lamb won the award.

February: Riley Lamb, Red Deer Rebels
January: Carter Hart, Everett Silvertips
December: Carter Hart, Everett Silvertips
November: Carter Hart, Everett Silvertips
September/October: Logan Flodell, Swift Current Broncos

Lamb was 9-0 and had a 1.99 GAA and a .937 SV%.
Hart could only muster up a 7-0-2 record with a 1.54 GAA and a .946 SV%

Hart now sits at 1.53 GAA and a .951 SV% on the season. And he is chasing history going for:

third straight Goalie of the Year Award in the WHL
likely will become the first two-time recipient of the CHL Goalie of the Year Award, after winning it in 2015-16.
posting the best SV% in CHL history beating the records in the WHL at .937 , OHL at .941, and QMJHL at .931

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Carter Hart's streak has ended.

After dealing with mono to start the season which caused him to miss all of October, Hart had won WHL Goalie of the Month in Nov, Dec and Jan. But in February, Riley Lamb won the award.

February: Riley Lamb, Red Deer Rebels
January: Carter Hart, Everett Silvertips
December: Carter Hart, Everett Silvertips
November: Carter Hart, Everett Silvertips
September/October: Logan Flodell, Swift Current Broncos

Lamb was 9-0 and had a 1.99 GAA and a .937 SV%.
Hart could only muster up a 7-0-2 record with a 1.54 GAA and a .946 SV%

Hart now sits at 1.53 GAA and a .951 SV% on the season. And he is chasing history going for:

third straight Goalie of the Year Award in the WHL
likely will become the first two-time recipient of the CHL Goalie of the Year Award, after winning it in 2015-16.
posting the best SV% in CHL history beating the records in the WHL at .937 , OHL at .941, and QMJHL at .931

That's amazing! Philadelphia has yet another good one.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Carter Hart is in the midst of the best CHL season by a goaltender ever.

Holy moly - tell those Russian goalies to watch their backs.

Reactions: Devonator

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
His season is done.

1st in SV% at .947....next best is .914
1st in GAA at 1.60....next best is 2.77
1st in shutouts at 7...next best is 6
4th in wins....missed Oct due to mono and time in Dec for WJC winning Gold.

Will likely win his 3rd straight WHL Goalie of the Year award....never been done before.

Will likely win his 2nd CHL Goalie of the year award....never been done before.

Posted best SV% in CHL history.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
His season is done.

1st in SV% at .947....next best is .914
1st in GAA at 1.60....next best is 2.77
1st in shutouts at 7...next best is 6
4th in wins....missed Oct due to mono and time in Dec for WJC winning Gold.

Will likely win his 3rd straight WHL Goalie of the Year award....never been done before.

Will likely win his 2nd CHL Goalie of the year award....never been done before.

Posted best SV% in CHL history.

Very impressive resume. Is there room for him in Philly next season or does he have to start in the AHL?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Very impressive resume. Is there room for him in Philly next season or does he have to start in the AHL?
He will start in the AHL like most Jr goalies should.

The Flyers will have a bit of a logjam:

Elliott, Neuvirth, Stolarz all have to clear waivers.

Mrazek...is he re-signed...I guess no.

Lyon and Hart in AHL

Philly will be trading a goalie this offseason.

Reactions: My3Sons

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He will start in the AHL like most Jr goalies should.

The Flyers will have a bit of a logjam:

Elliott, Neuvirth, Stolarz all have to clear waivers.

Mrazek...is he re-signed...I guess no.

Lyon and Hart in AHL

Philly will be trading a goalie this offseason.

I beg to differ, he is 20 yrs old when the next season starts,
he is no 18, nor 19 year old kid junior anymore, sure one shouldn't rush prospects
and goalies usually develop tad slower, however...i think Carter Hart belongs
to a different category, he isn't like most "juniors".

Flyers should make room for Hart. AHL brings no further development for Hart,
doesn't ease, nor help his pro career, that's at least what i think.

Use Carter first as a back up in the NHL, then when season progresses,
give him more games, more experience, 2019-2020 Hart is your star starting goalie.

Reactions: Devonator

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
he is no 18, nor 19 year old kid junior anymore, sure one shouldn't rush prospects

doesn't ease, nor help his pro career, that's at least what i think.

give him more games, more experience, 2019-2020 Hart is your star starting goalie.
No reason to have him make the Flyers, to sit on the bench most games.

With the wY the Flyers goalies get hurt, there will be plenty of time to get an opportunity to play if he plays well in the AHL.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016

doesn't ease, nor help his pro career
, that's at least what i think.

Sorry, but that's just 100% wrong. I've said it before in this thread, but Hart will go from facing 16-19 year old kids, many of whom will never come close to playing pro hockey, to facing 20-30 year old professional men next year. Guys who know how to score at the AHL/NHL level. That's an incredibly tough adjustment. There's a cool player's tribune article from James Neal, where he talks about trying to score against Marty Turco in his first training camp, and the difference between juniors and the NHL. That's the difference Hart will have to adjust to. As good as Hart is, he isn't the first highly touted goalie to come out of the WHL. Braden Holtby spent 144 in the ECHL/AHL (granted, including a lockout). Even Carey Price had to spend 12 games transitioning in the AHL, and even then, he didn't set the NHL on fire when he first arrived. People wanted to keep Halak over him.

TLDR; He will play in the AHL next year.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Sorry, but that's just 100% wrong. I've said it before in this thread, but Hart will go from facing 16-19 year old kids, many of whom will never come close to playing pro hockey, to facing 20-30 year old professional men next year. Guys who know how to score at the AHL/NHL level. That's an incredibly tough adjustment. There's a cool player's tribune article from James Neal, where he talks about trying to score against Marty Turco in his first training camp, and the difference between juniors and the NHL. That's the difference Hart will have to adjust to. As good as Hart is, he isn't the first highly touted goalie to come out of the WHL. Braden Holtby spent 144 in the ECHL/AHL (granted, including a lockout). Even Carey Price had to spend 12 games transitioning in the AHL, and even then, he didn't set the NHL on fire when he first arrived. People wanted to keep Halak over him.

TLDR; He will play in the AHL next year.

We will see :)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I don't think you know how patient Hextall is with prospects. He basically brings them up looooong after every Flyer fan is screaming for it.

That may be a fact, but i think Carter Hart will perform great at camps and preseason
and that will punch his ticket to the N-H-L from the get go. - that's what i think -

Flyers goaltending situation might be crowded, but none of these;
Mrazek, Neuvirth, Elliott, Stolarz, Lyon scream for quality,winning, starting or back up goalie.

I think best for Carter is to play, about 26-34 games in the NHL next season.
Practice the entire season under NHL level goaltending coach, physios, physical trainers, etc. etc.
getting familiar with the team, players&system, the city, fans...whole nine yards really.

That gives the best preparation for the 2019-2020 season, in which i believe...he is one of the best
young goalies in the NHL. - and obviously the starting goalie for the Flyers -

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That may be a fact, but i think Carter Hart will perform great at camps and preseason
and that will punch his ticket to the N-H-L from the get go. - that's what i think -

Mrazek, Neuvirth, Elliott, Stolarz, Lyon scream for quality,winning, starting or back up goalie.

Practice the entire season under NHL level goaltending coach, physios, physical trainers, etc. etc.
getting familiar with the team, players&system, the city, fans...whole nine yards really.

That gives the best preparation for the 2019-2020 season, in which i believe...he is one of the best

Mrazek won't be here next year.
Lyon OR Stolarz won't be here next year.

If they go into the season with Elliott-Neuvirth as their 1-2 punch, Carter Hart will end up getting some NHL starts due to their inevitable injuries. Otherwise, he will probably get the majority of starts for the Phantoms in the AHL.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005

Hextall only lets prospects on the team who outplay the vets. If Hart is ready, he'll make it. I'm not saying he won't...I just think it's unlikely. At least to start the season. I'm optimistic about Hart, just not as much as you...but I appreciate it.

As mentioned, Mrazek won't be back. Neither will one of Lyon or Stolarz. And possibly Neuvrith.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Hextall only lets prospects on the team who outplay the vets. If Hart is ready, he'll make it. I'm not saying he won't...I just think it's unlikely. At least to start the season. I'm optimistic about Hart, just not as much as you...but I appreciate it.

As mentioned, Mrazek won't be back. Neither will one of Lyon or Stolarz. And possibly Neuvrith.

What a nice reply, thank you.

---
:thumbu:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I am more optimistic about Carter Hart than most, i agree, but he isn't your run of the mill young goalie
he has had a record braking junior career, what ever you look at, what ever stat,
how he plays, how many games he wins, unreal career so far.

Great NHL career written all over him.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
I am more optimistic about Carter Hart than most, i agree, but he isn't your run of the mill young goalie
he has had a record braking junior career, what ever you look at, what ever stat,
how he plays, how many games he wins, unreal career so far.

Great NHL career written all over him.

I hope so....and you're welcome!

Guy Gadowsky

May 10, 2017
Hart is arguably the greatest CHL statistical goalie ever

Which mean he will flame out because Flyers goalie

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Hart is arguably the greatest CHL statistical goalie ever

Which mean he will flame out because Flyers goalie

He is merely going to be the leading figure of a goaltending renaissance in Philadelphia, which once upon a time was noted for always having excellent goaltending.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
His career points for team per game ratio, is at other worldly level.

188 games, 116 wins, 21 SO&OT losses, only 45 reg losses = 253 points
= 1.35 points per game, 1.35!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, 26 SO's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad