G Carter Hart (2016, 48th, PHI)

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Let in a very bad goal as he turned the puck over behind his net to Rasmussen but aside from that he was very solid.

I'd say the most important part is how he shrugged it off and kept on playing really focused. No signs of panic at all. Could have easily been the neck-breaker for the Silvertips after leading 2-0 against the high-octaine offense of Tri-City.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Flyers should given him a long look in training camp. If he out performs the likes of Elliott, Neuvirth then he should make the team and possibly be their new no. 1.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Had a nice chat with his goalie coach yesterday. We had a lot of common ground actually with my earlier thoughts on him (page 7?), he was surprisingly forthright about it in fact. Likewise, there was very little chance he could hack it in the NHL next season we thought...it would be poor for both parties...
So was the common ground mostly on your critiques of his technique? Or after more viewings do you still predict he'll be nothing special in the NHL?

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Sorry, should have been clear. The talk was all technical stuff. Not about potential. Then again, he isn't a big RVH guy and neither am I...Hart is married it to and, we both agreed (more importantly him, I am irrelevant), the timing of it makes him susceptible...

I said, "it's fine now, there's, what, 6 or 7 guys who can beat him with a shot there in this league?"

He goes "six."

In the AHL, it's much different as we all know or should know...

He's in good hands now and he doesn't play an overly athletic style...which is good for Philly as they haven't been able to make heads or tails of their athletic goalies (Bryzgalov, Bobrovsky, Stolarz, Mrazek (TBD) for instance) but the lesser athletes they have had some success with (Mason, Elliott, Lyon, Neuvirth)...I'd say that second group is more technically proficient but then I would have to remove Elliott, as he is very annoying to watch...

Hart has a good head on his shoulders though...he goes over every goal and wants to know what he can do better and differently...

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Hart has not been himself since he left that one game for "undisclosed reasons" (sick) - I wonder if he has a bug or something? Even a little slower reaction is huge for a goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad