Pre-Game Talk: Future Seattle/Quebec Franchise at Hawks- Thursday 7:00 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
I take it you've seen their thread? ChicagOWNED...

Apparently they're one of our rivals now because Mike Smith beat us... The 11-12 series still keeps Hawks fans up at night as Yotes fans tell it.

Seriously I still don't get why those Coyotes' fans are so hostile towards us :huh:

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Maybe all the Chicago sports fan transplants in Arizona gives them a little chip on their shoulder.

About this game, do we know if Crow is in net or will it be Khabby?

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Maybe all the Chicago sports fan transplants in Arizona gives them a little chip on their shoulder.

About this game, do we know if Crow is in net or will it be Khabby?
Brian Hamilton ‏@ChiTribHamilton 59m
Corey Crawford in goal for #Blackhawks on Thursday. A "good chance" Jeremy Morin back in lineup, too, per HC Joel Quenneville.

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
there definetly is some delusional fans over there, apparently beating the blackhawks is the holy grail of the franchise

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
IMO the Hawks beat themselves that series. They outplayed the Yotes but kept shooting low when the top of the net was open. Not sure what they're so proud of over there tbh..

I've never seen a fanbase so proud over winning a series, when the rest of their playoff run amounted to jack****. But hey, to each their own.

I also agree. Without the BS Shaw suspension and cheapshot that knocked Hoss out, I bet it goes to a 7th game.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
IMO the Hawks beat themselves that series. They outplayed the Yotes but kept shooting low when the top of the net was open. Not sure what they're so proud of over there tbh..

Ya, not only that, Toews wasn't even close to 100%, Hossa was out for 3 of the games, Shaw 2, Crawford played like an ECHL goalie, and 5 of the games STILL went to OT.

Yup, they should be REALLY proud of that victory! :shakehead

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
Ya, not only that, Toews wasn't even close to 100%, Hossa was out for 3 of the games, Shaw 2, Crawford played like an ECHL goalie, and 5 of the games STILL went to OT.

Yup, they should be REALLY proud of that victory! :shakehead

I really hope we draw the Yotes in the Playoffs this year, there is nothing remotely scary about that team. They're LA lite.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Who cares? Why even respond to any of it anymore? Let them have their victory. Was in the first round two years ago. Distant memory. Hawks have won a Cup since and the organization is in prime shape to win more going forward. They can have it.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Oh god, just thought of a stupid, stupid GDT idea that revolves entirely around making a single, stupid joke.

So clearly, I'm going to do it.

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
Who cares? Why even respond to any of it anymore? Let them have their victory. Was in the first round two years ago. Distant memory. Hawks have won a Cup since and the organization is in prime shape to win more going forward. They can have it.

Excellent points and outlook. :yo:

Etch

Relegate the Oilers
Jun 1, 2011
Moncton, NB
Hey guys,
Yotes fan here. We don't really care about you guys that much. Felt good to win a playoff series against a cup champ team and that's about as far as it goes.
Hoping for a good clean game tomorrow night. Cheers

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
Hey guys,
Yotes fan here. We don't really care about you guys that much. Felt good to win a playoff series against a cup champ team and that's about as far as it goes.

same to you etch should be a battle

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
There's a significant lack of Markham in the title of this thread :(

Saw that Morin will be back in which is good

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Hey guys,

Likewise, Etch. We certainly aren't trying to paint everyone with the same brush. God knows we have plenty of knucklehead Hawks fans, too. I'd say good luck, but, I wouldn't really mean that and I don't like lying. :)

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Just stopping in, the pregame thread in our board is NOT the sentiment of every Coyotes fan out there. I'm a little depressed of the jab you took in your title though. We just got new owners, our attendance is up 20% over the same amount of games compared to 2011/12, and things are looking up for us hopefully.

There was a 3 season stretch less than 10 years ago that we actually averaged more fans per game than the Blackhawks. I'll just leave it at that though.

Good luck, 2 teams doing well in the standings. Hopefully the Coyotes show up better than they did against the Blues, we can't keep this string of luck/depending on our goaltender for too long.

Good hockey game to watch with no injuries hopefully!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

My thoughts exactly, as usual with Blue Liner's posts. Nothing else needs to be said on the matter.

Should be a great game. The Hawks offense has been really clicking lately. Can't wait to see how they do against a good defensive team like the Yotes

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Just stopping in, the pregame thread in our board is NOT the sentiment of every Coyotes fan out there. I'm a little depressed of the jab you took in your title though. We just got new owners, our attendance is up 20% over the same amount of games compared to 2011/12, and things are looking up for us hopefully.

There was a 3 season stretch less than 10 years ago that we actually averaged more fans per game than the Blackhawks. I'll just leave it at that though.

Good luck, 2 teams doing well in the standings. Hopefully the Coyotes show up better than they did against the Blues, we can't keep this string of luck/depending on our goaltender for too long.

Good hockey game to watch with no injuries hopefully!

The jab was a direct response to the title of your pre-game thread.

For the sake of fans such as yourself I hope things do work out.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Just checked out that thread. Wow you weren't kidding on their delusions.

I indeed saw their thread and found it highly amusing.

Makes me laugh how hard their 12 fans want to have a rivalry with us, but I really couldn't care less about their fan base anymore.

Leave it to a fanbase that has advanced out of the first round once in their history down there to think that a single deep run is enough for people to take notice of them.

Yeah, It's pretty amazing the lengths they'll go to make themselves feel important.

:facepalm:

Do they honestly believe that???

There's seriously some pathetically awful delusions over there on that board. My lord. It's not even funny. It's sad. That, or just some major trolling. I hope for some of their sakes it the latter.

Seriously I still don't get why those Coyotes' fans are so hostile towards us :huh:

there definetly is some delusional fans over there, apparently beating the blackhawks is the holy grail of the franchise

I've never seen a fanbase so proud over winning a series, when the rest of their playoff run amounted to jack****. But hey, to each their own.
It seems to be escaping many of you that it's all coming from one person. It's AP and his posts don't even remotely represent Coyotes fans much less the majority of us so please consider that before posting anymore "they", "they are", "the fanbase" generalizations. Thanks!

btw..I really do hope the Yotes beat the Hawks tomorrow of course but that's because the Hawks are an awesome team and defending champs not because I have some weird fixation from playoffs 2 years ago. I feel confident in saying the vast majority of Coyotes fans feel the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad