Future of the team

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I've seen that written a lot. It still doesn't change the fact that he's stated he wants to remain in Anaheim. His wife is from around there and he has two extremely young children.
To play devil's advocate, in terms of the kids... now would be the perfect time to move (if he wanted to move).

They aren't in school yet and probably don't have a lot of local ties. But the wife thing is still a good point.

As to the OP, sure the team would take a pretty good sized step back. But I don't think it will be the worst team in the league. And there's a lot of good-but-not-great prospects to help fill holes. Like damnskippy said, the team would end up shifting to a scoring by committee type setup.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
To play devil's advocate, in terms of the kids... now would be the perfect time to move (if he wanted to move).

They aren't in school yet and probably don't have a lot of local ties. But the wife thing is still a good point.

As to the OP, sure the team would take a pretty good sized step back. But I don't think it will be the worst team in the league. And there's a lot of good-but-not-great prospects to help fill holes. Like damnskippy said, the team would end up shifting to a scoring by committee type setup.
If her parents live out here, I imagine she'd want them to be close to their grandparents.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
If her parents live out here, I imagine she'd want them to be close to their grandparents.
Yes but that doesn't really matter in terms of having young children vs older children. And that it falls just as much under the "wife is from ____" than having to do with the kids.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Yes but that doesn't really matter in terms of having young children vs older children.
Having your parents nearby to help take care of young kids does matter. Well, unless your parents are awful. Most parents would rather have their kids watched over by family than a stranger.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Im not to worried even if we lost 3/4, i think wed find a way to at least be competitive.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Having your parents nearby to help take care of young kids does matter. Well, unless your parents are awful. Most parents would rather have their kids watched over by family than a stranger.
That's something worth considering. But still is more to do with a) wife being from here than specifically about the kids and b) more about children in general than young children vs older children.

Let me put it this way. If you have to move your kids, when would you prefer to do it? I think it's while they're young.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Yes, if those two leave to free agency and those two retire, it would make a big void on the Ducks and they would have to seriously consider any chance of contending for playoffs next year without some big FA acquisitions and youngsters stepping up big time.

But, that's not likely to happen. I mean, Koivu and Selanne retiring... well.. i'm excited to see some youngsters take over their roles, personally. its been a little too long of the Selanne retirement show.

if the Ducks let Getz and Perry walk, well, then they badly handled their assets, not getting anything back in a trade.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Nah we can't survive.

We'll be relocated to Montreal, to be Montreal Canadiens Jr and we will live happily ever after with Gomez as our #1 center, and Vatanen as our #1 goalie, #1 dman, GM, Head Coach and mascot. Ole

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
Next year:
Perry -- Free agent
Getzlaf --- Free agent
Koivu --- Retire
Selanne --- Retire

Even if you are able to get something interesting at the trade deadline for Perry and Getzlaf, if you loose those 4 players, you will become undeniable the worst team in the NHL. Good chances that Anaheim becomes the new Edmonton Oilers (Rebuild for 3-4 years with high overall picks)

What your thought on this? Can your franchise survives this?

I heard theyre gonna demote us to the AHL and then promote the Calder Cup winner.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If thats the game plan we should trade them all now get as many firsts this year hope one pans out to seth jones and go from there! ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad