Proposal: Fun one involving Calgary, NJ and Buffalo

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Here’s a fun one:

Given the amount of youth on both New Jersey and Buffalo, they may consider moving their 10th and 11th overall picks.

How about this:

Markstrom to Nj for the 10th overall pick

And

Rasmus Andersson to Buffalo for the 11th overall pick.

What do you guys think?
Easy yes for me on the Markstrom one.

I'd pass on the Buffalo one I think. If they added a guy like Krebs I'd consider it.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Here’s a fun one:

Given the amount of youth on both New Jersey and Buffalo, they may consider moving their 10th and 11th overall picks.

How about this:

And

What do you guys think?
There is nothing fun about this for the Devils. This is simply terrible.

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
Wouldn’t trade the 10th overall for Markstrom alone even if Calgary retained 50%
It’s been well documented that you guys need a goalie. Markstrom is one of the more consistent goalies in the nhl, a reliable legit starter which is rare.

There aren’t many available goalies that are clearly better if any than Markstrom.

You guys have young studs at all the important positions and ready to contend now. The 10th overall pick is way more valuable as trade bait than actually using the pick on a guy that will be an impact player in 3-4 years.

It’s a win-win for both teams, maybe tweak the value a little bit but don’t act like this would be a fleecing either way, Markstrom is a legit stud.

Wouldn’t trade the 10th overall for Markstrom alone even if Calgary retained 50%

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Here’s a fun one:

How about this:

And

What do you guys think?

The Devils are trading their 1st round pick for just Markstrom, you will need to add.

The Sabres already have Dahlin, Power and Bryam, highly unlikely they trade for another D.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
It’s been well documented that you guys need a goalie. Markstrom is one of the more consistent goalies in the nhl, a reliable legit starter which is rare.

There aren’t many available goalies that are clearly better if any than Markstrom.

You guys have young studs at all the important positions and ready to contend now. The 10th overall pick is way more valuable as trade bait than actually using the pick on a guy that will be an impact player in 3-4 years.

It’s a win-win for both teams, maybe tweak the value a little bit but don’t act like this would be a fleecing either way, Markstrom is a legit stud.
You never know what’s going to happen in the off season. Ullmark has been rumored to be on the move and depending on what happens in the playoffs Saros could be dangled. Other surprise teams could want to make a change. Cap is going up pretty substantially. Could be a crazy off season.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I could see NJ having interest if the Flames added Van’s first (25ish). We ain’t getting that pick for Marky alone though

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
You never know what’s going to happen in the off season. Ullmark has been rumored to be on the move and depending on what happens in the playoffs Saros could be dangled. Other surprise teams could want to make a change. Cap is going up pretty substantially. Could be a crazy off season.
Very true, it could be an awesome offseason.

Highly doubt the Sabres are looking for a D like Andersson after adding Byram.
Isn’t one of your needs right show two way guys?

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Here’s a fun one:

How about this:

And

What do you guys think?
Hard no from NJ.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Isn’t one of your needs right show two way guys?

We need a stout, physical RHD more than anything else.

Andersson would be fine-ish......but his puck moving skills are more than redundant in our top 6 (Power, Dahlin, Byram, maybe Johnson....).

Before we got Byram, I would have jumped all over #11+ for Andersson.

Now? Ehhhh, might rather have Roy for nothing but cash.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Stop. You know you are just trolling. No sane NJ fan will agree with you. If NJ was willing to move a lottery pick for Markstrom wouldn’t they have done it already?

Alternatively NJ counters with Haula for Calgary’s first round pick.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We need a stout, physical RHD more than anything else.

Andersson would be fine-ish......but his puck moving skills are more than redundant in our top 6 (Power, Dahlin, Byram, maybe Johnson....).

Before we got Byram, I would have jumped all over #11+ for Andersson.

Now? Ehhhh, might rather have Roy for nothing but cash.

Yep, at the same place. Pre-Byram sure. Now? I would rather they look for a stout RHD and use the pick on something else (or just keep it).

Reactions: Zman5778

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

I can tell you the Bruins would accept less than 10OA for Ullmark who is 4 years younger and eligible for a new deal.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Look! Any!
Saros
Ullmark

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I can tell you the Bruins would accept less than 10OA for Ullmark who is 4 years younger and eligible for a new deal.
Yeah but he played for the Bruins. Do the devils want to sign a guy for an additional 6 years and introduce him to their run and gun style? Seems risky to me. Markstrom has 2 years left and then can be signed for an additional year as long as he’s still good.

Saros, hes going to cost Mercer + 2024 first and needs a 9x8 million dollar deal.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
You guys dropped the ball. Flames overplayed their hand at the deadline. They're going to be lucky to get half the value they were offered at the deadline. 0 chance a top 10 pick gets moved for Markstrom. You're living in fantasy land if you think that's even a remote possibility. Can that 10th round pick get moved for a goalie? Sure but it won't be for Markstrom. Rumor is Flames got offered a late 1st and Holtz at the deadline (this was Markstrom at peak value, getting him for a run this year to get us into the playoffs and before his play fell off). NJ wouldn't budge any higher than that & they wanted 50% retention. Now that late 1st turned into a top 10 pick, & Markstrom has fallen off with 1 less year of term. There's 0 possibility of this happening anymore. Blame your GM for this. He had a good deal on the table & should of taken it but didn't like an idiot.

Reactions: dgibb10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad