News Article: Fuelled by Dispassion (CBC news article)

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
I am getting out of season tickets despite the fact that:
1. The prices are fine by me;
2. I don't care much about concession prices;
3. I enjoy the team and their style of play.

This digital ticketing scam bugs the **** out of me. There is no point to being a STH. I have a whole thread on this so I won't be repetitive.

Last edited:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Agree with this. With all the complaining going around, who knows how long it will before the team goes down the same path as before. Having hockey in a small city like this is going to come at a cost - likely with more expensive seats and less perks than other cities

That's fair, but lets ask this...

If I am paying $10,000 for an item, yet I can get the same item for $9,000, should I keep paying $10,000 and not complain to the company asking for that amount? And if I'm going to keep paying the higher amount, there has to be a benefit to it.

For most people that are "complaining" as you put it, it not the actual dollar amount, it's that fact that there is really no benefit in being a season ticket holder.

YellowheadChiefs

Jan 31, 2019
From my general experience, TNSE wasn’t very good to our group.

For the 2017-18 season a bunch of us went in on three seats in section 106, I spent about 840$ for 5 games.

My uncle set up everything and was showed the seats during a viewing when the boards and glass weren’t up and was promised these were very solid seats for the games.

Absolute worst possible seats, you could see the one end of the ice like beauty yet the other ice you’d have to watch the jumbotron. I do not go to hockey games to watch a screen.

I also noticed how lacklustre the crowd was with people annoyed with any type of noise. Our seats were so bad, NHL players families usually got sat with us, Darren Helm’s dad was a blast to talk to but I mean it’s just a shame really.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Winnipeggers are very cheap and very fickle. The fact this team which is in the playoff hunt, has several exciting young players, and has about 1000 seats available for purchase says a lot. Winnipeg Jets historically had the worst attendance out of all the Canadian teams every year, and were always in the bottom 5 for attendance. Tickets back then were really cheap. You could get tickets for as little as $7 in the late 1980's. This is what Winnipeggers signed up for when they wanted the Jets back in town. Salaries are going to continue to escalate.
Who's been paying $2000-$7000 per seat for the past 9 seasons? It couldn't be those cheap Winnipeggers... :sarcasm:

Also, Winnipeggers aren't cheap...they just hate paying full price. When season tickets were less expensive than buying game-by-game, no one had a problem...98% renewal rates or whatever it was. Now that you can get just about any game for STH value or less, TNSE suddenly won't answer any questions about renewal rates or wait list numbers. Hmmm...

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
From my general experience, TNSE wasn’t very good to our group.

For the 2017-18 season a bunch of us went in on three seats in section 106, I spent about 840$ for 5 games.

My uncle set up everything and was showed the seats during a viewing when the boards and glass weren’t up and was promised these were very solid seats for the games.

Absolute worst possible seats, you could see the one end of the ice like beauty yet the other ice you’d have to watch the jumbotron. I do not go to hockey games to watch a screen.

I also noticed how lacklustre the crowd was with people annoyed with any type of noise. Our seats were so bad, NHL players families usually got sat with us, Darren Helm’s dad was a blast to talk to but I mean it’s just a shame really.
We had a very similar experience in 104, got better sightlines in 103 now but that was because we joined another group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad