fuboTV?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Not having social media helps with this!

I sometimes love to record a 7pm game to watch in bed later that night

I dropped Fios about 3 years ago and that's the one thing I miss - watching games on a delay (particularly when my kids were younger). I would just stay off social media and my Devils friends largely knew not to text me...I also often would not check my phone until I finished watching the game just in case. The Devils also sucked for a lot of those years, so once they got down by 2 goals (particularly when the playoffs were out of reach, so Thanksgiving on) I would just slam on the FF button to see if they actually made a game out of it.

It's not bad having to watch games live now - on the rare occasions I have a conflict I can still usually bring it up on my phone. Just about the only thing I actually watch live anymore.

Reactions: Rybo

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Jesus $25 a month for MSG?

I guess if all that you watch is NY hockey, basketball, and soccer it's worth it. But at that price point you might as well just get a cable package with MSG and 100 other channels.
That was always the scam in only pay for what you need streaming channels. One at a time they are always more expensive.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Find a friend who has Fios or Optimum and convince them to let you use their login info for the MSG Go app.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Jesus $25 a month for MSG?

I guess if all that you watch is NY hockey, basketball, and soccer it's worth it. But at that price point you might as well just get a cable package with MSG and 100 other channels.

Red Bulls are done with MSG, the entire league moved away from regional channels and are only on the fox channels and Apple TV.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
I’ve gone back and forth between Fubo and YouTube TV. They’re pretty comparable but I prefer YTTV slightly. I think the UI is better and more intuitive.

For hockey, YTTV has TNT and TBS whereas Fubo has NHL Network. However, to get NHL Network, you need to pay for a premium package with Fubo ($85). YTTV includes TNT and TBS in the base package ($65). So I’ve ended up going YTTV and then if the Devils are on NHL Network (which has happened more than I expected :help:) I sign up for free trials on Fubo

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Bump an old thread - is FuboTV stream quality still poor for MSG?

Does anyone strongly feel positive about DirectTV streaming vs. FuboTV as of end of 2023 into 2024?

Prices are outrageous in 2024 (for both the streaming services and cable/fios tv), and I'm not necessarily feeling good about the cable\FIOS tv cord cutting, but it is also getting crazy there too - and now weighing some options.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

Does anyone strongly feel positive about DirectTV streaming vs. FuboTV as of end of 2023 into 2024?

Prices are outrageous in 2024 (for both the streaming services and cable/fios tv), and I'm not necessarily feeling good about the cable\FIOS tv cord cutting, but it is also getting crazy there too - and now weighing some options.
Stopped using Fubo because the MSG stream quality stunk, but DirecTV Stream has been awesome for me. A slightly longer delay than some other streaming services, but not an issue if you stay off your phone during play.

Has every channel you could need for hockey and the audio/video quality is as good or better than regular fios.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Stopped using Fubo because the MSG stream quality stunk, but DirecTV Stream has been awesome for me. A slightly longer delay than some other streaming services, but not an issue if you stay off your phone during play.

Has every channel you could need for hockey and the audio/video quality is as good or better than regular fios.

Thank you for feedback.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

The stream quality has been very good for me. Surprised to even hear others have had issues.

I’ve been using Fubo for MSG since last year. Not sure if this really makes a difference, but I’m using a Roku and have Fios internet. All good.

That said, now that the NFL season is over, I’m considering just paying for an MSG+ subscription to ride out the end of the season. I know the price is outrageous for basically one channel, but still cheaper than Fubo since I don’t really need any other cable. Not intending to hijack the thread, but has anyone used the MSG+ app on a Roku? Thoughts?

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The stream quality has been very good for me. Surprised to even hear others have had issues.

I’ve been using Fubo for MSG since last year. Not sure if this really makes a difference, but I’m using a Roku and have Fios internet. All good.

That said, now that the NFL season is over, I’m considering just paying for an MSG+ subscription to ride out the end of the season. I know the price is outrageous for basically one channel, but still cheaper than Fubo since I don’t really need any other cable. Not intending to hijack the thread, but has anyone used the MSG+ app on a Roku? Thoughts?

I get the msg app for free cause I have cable but I've watched a couple games while not home on a roku on it and it looks great to me, the only issue is that it will start out looking terrible for like 30 seconds before it looks great and it's definitely something on their end cause it's the only app that does that for me.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I get the msg app for free cause I have cable but I've watched a couple games while not home on a roku on it and it looks great to me, the only issue is that it will start out looking terrible for like 30 seconds before it looks great and it's definitely something on their end cause it's the only app that does that for me.

I notice that with the app as well....will be blurry for a bit when it first gets going and then corrects itself after a little bit.

It also tends to freeze up from time to time, generally when coming back from commercials.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

I'm on FiOS right now too for inet. Debating between the two services. Interesting you have had no issues that you see. I saw on Reddit similar things that unknown caller was referring to but your positivity is countering that.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
I'm on FiOS right now too for inet. Debating between the two services. Interesting you have had no issues that you see. I saw on Reddit similar things that unknown caller was referring to but your positivity is countering that.

I will say, I do experience what HBK just mentioned with a fuzzy picture when you first tune into a channel, but it lasts for about 3 seconds and then it’s perfectly clear. I don’t experience any freezing or further issues though. My only complaint, and this is probably the same for any streaming service, is that there’s a solid 45 second delay or so. There’s been plenty of times I’m on here, or check Twitter, and read that a goal was scored way before it happens on my screen.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
It only makes sense if you are going to use all the channels.

VPN with espn+ and sailing the high seas for the TNT and NHL Network games

whos-managing-this-costumer.gif
This is what I do but also haven’t had traditional cable service for over twenty years. Yeah, I’m a streaming hipster.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
If the quality and reliability is as good as their MSG+ website and app, they can f*** right off. They run those like an afterthought.
I posted that before the streaming service was released, but yeah it’s awful. The frame rate on the Apple TV app is horrible.

We use Directv stream. It’s fine but has limited 4K streaming and rarely has 4K sports. Depending upon where you are you have to purchase ESPN + to watch most of the games anyway.
4K streaming for any regular sports/cable is almost non-existent. If the game is being broadcast in 4K by the network, DirecTV will carry it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I posted that before the streaming service was released, but yeah it’s awful. The frame rate on the Apple TV app is horrible.

4K streaming for any regular sports/cable is almost non-existent. If the game is being broadcast in 4K by the network, DirecTV will carry it.
They have three dedicated 4k channels and sometimes there are games on them but typically college football or something national like a Super Bowl. I have yet to see any 4k hockey but if for some reason they run 4k somewhere else I'd miss it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad