fuboTV?

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
[Mods can delete/move if this is in another thread]

I'm one of those unfortunate souls that can only get Comcast, and hence no MSG for the foreseeable future. Anyone here sign up for fuboTV? If so, how is it generally?

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ

I'm one of those unfortunate souls that can only get Comcast, and hence no MSG for the foreseeable future. Anyone here sign up for fuboTV? If so, how is it generally?
I did a free trial and it was fine🤷🏻‍♂️

SansaStark

Apr 11, 2013
I was in the same boat and I regret not switching earlier. It’s fantastic, cheaper and easily just as reliable which is not to say it’s reliable just more so than Comcast.
Plus pretty much infinite DVR included in price.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Don’t have Fubotv, but I believe it does NOT include TNT and TBS, which would be a problem for the playoffs past the first round (MSG shares coverage for round 1 and then nationals the rest of the way). TNT airs the Final this year.

Reactions: BostonDevil

Big Drive

Mar 12, 2009
NJ
I'm in the same boat. Cut the cable and only watch on PC. It has SNY so looking forward to the Mets. Dont think they have Yes, but I dont care bout the Yankees. I am satisfied like others with the DVR.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
The picture quality of MSG on Fubo is absolutely abysmal. Doesn’t even look 720p.

MSG is supposed to be releasing their own streaming service at some point this season, so I’ll probably just get that to supplement YouTube TV.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It works pretty well except for my Smart LG TV. The app on that is horrible and lags constantly.

On my laptop or phone though, it’s great. Since it’s my only option as a Comcast person as well, it’s tough to complain.

FascinationStreet

Dec 6, 2021
the missing TNT is a solid point...very key.
You can get slingTV for $20/month I believe so you can supplement with that when playoffs start. I don't think we have any more regular season games this year on TNT. cancel when playoffs are over.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
It only makes sense if you are going to use all the channels.

VPN with espn+ and sailing the high seas for the TNT and NHL Network games
whos-managing-this-costumer.gif

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011

I use it exclusively. Best part about it is that you can customize where you live. It was showing me Philly stations but I switched it to NY. I also get the added benefit of being able to watch Devils games any place. Same thing with the Mets. I could be in Florida and it plays the games but I'll get local commercials.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I had fubo as a trial and absolutely hated it because it was delayed a bit and I'm a snob when it comes to sports being live to the second but to each is own, lol.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I had fubo as a trial and absolutely hated it because it was delayed a bit and I'm a snob when it comes to sports being live to the second but to each is own, lol.

We have fubo and have no issue with the picture. If there is a problem with the picture, it's our wifi - I may wind up running ethernet. The only problem as mentioned is the delay which I seen a minute or so behind which sucks.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
It works pretty well except for my Smart LG TV. The app on that is horrible and lags constantly.

On my laptop or phone though, it’s great. Since it’s my only option as a Comcast person as well, it’s tough to complain.

I did a trial of Fubo maybe 2 years ago to watch the WJC, since I have YouTubeTV which doesn't have NHL Network. I have smart LG TV's as well and I don't think there was a Fubo app available at the time - I had to watch via the internet app. I recall having a lot of issues with it and trouble watching the games - particularly if they were live and I wanted to watch on a delay. If it were remotely comparable to YouTubeTV I would've just gone with Fubo, but at least with my TV's it didn't work very well at the time.

Reactions: Better Call Sal

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
The picture quality of MSG on Fubo is absolutely abysmal. Doesn’t even look 720p.

MSG is supposed to be releasing their own streaming service at some point this season, so I’ll probably just get that to supplement YouTube TV.

I have it and the picture quality is great for me. I’ve had no issues at all and pretty happy with the product. The layout can be kind of weird but you get used to it.

SlingTV is probably my favorite live TV streaming service, it’s also cheaper than FuboTV, but FuboTV is really the only game in town with MSG.

Reactions: Patrik26

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
We have fubo and have no issue with the picture. If there is a problem with the picture, it's our wifi - I may wind up running ethernet. The only problem as mentioned is the delay which I seen a minute or so behind which sucks.
I can say with 100% certainty that the picture quality is worse on Fubo than the regular cable feed or other streaming services. I've switched from the Fubo MSG feed to the ESPN+ MSG feed on the same tv, and it's night and day. If someone actually looked into the feed that Fubo is broadcasting, I would bet the house that it isn't 720p.

I've done this on multiple TVs in different locations and it's always the same result. The Fubo feed of MSG is complete trash. If you search Fubo MSG feed on reddit, you'll find tons of posts saying the same thing. It's noticeably grainy on a high quality TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK27

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
The quality of NHL feeds is a bit frustrating at times...then again, I'm forced to watch games on the MSG Go app airplayed from my phone to my TV, which probably doesn't help. Although the NHL doesn't seem to care at all that the animated board ads totally take away from the quality of the picture (players are grainy when skating in front of them and sticks and pucks routinely disappear).

It's also ridiculous that they have ads pop up during play, when there are plenty of stoppages to show them. The worst for me is when the Islanders are on the overflow channel and you get the non-stop alerts telling you how to find the channel...which I'm convinced help absolutely no one. We're at least lucky that we don't have the Bally Sports feed, which has the score bug on the bottom of the screen (makes no sense as that often covers part of the play whereas on the top it's often over the crowd), plus non-stop scrolling of scores and betting odds, which is rather distracting. Really all I want is the opportunity to watch the actual game in peace, without a ton of distractions (including glitching board and on ice/glass ads) trying to focus my attention elsewhere. Given a 60 minute game typically takes 2 1/2 hours, there's plenty of time for that crap in between plays.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I cut the cord back in July. I had my wife call optimum to tell them we were getting divorced and she wanted a new account. We got optimum fiber 500 for like 79/month and I switched to DirecTv stream for 80’ish. I cut about $100/month off my bill and have been pretty happy with it overal.

lucifer91

Jul 29, 2011
NJ
another option is DirecTV Stream, which i have now. I have this now because it covers MSG and my wifes crap. Navigating DirecTV stream is a pain, but it works

I have it and the picture quality is great for me. I’ve had no issues at all and pretty happy with the product. The layout can be kind of weird but you get used to it.

SlingTV is probably my favorite live TV streaming service, it’s also cheaper than FuboTV, but FuboTV is really the only game in town with MSG.

DirecTV stream is another option

Reactions: Unknown Caller

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I pay way too much money for TV and I don't even watch the damn thing when hockey isn't on.

I swear I've went MONTHS in the summer without even turning a TV on. Then my step brother and his family come here every July and they're all watching it and that'll be one of the few times a TV is even turned on in my house between June and September.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
another option is DirecTV Stream, which i have now. I have this now because it covers MSG and my wifes crap. Navigating DirecTV stream is a pain, but it works

Did you get the directv devices? Not really necessary with smart tv’s, but my wife wanted the traditional feel of a remote/box.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

DirecTV stream is much better in general from a picture quality and even sound perspective than Fubo. The only issue with DirecTV stream is that it's on a little bit more of a lag than YoutubeTV/Fubo, so you're even further behind whatever is live.

I've run the same program on YoutubeTV in one room and DirecTV stream in the other, and DirecTV is a solid 10-15 seconds behind Youtube. Not the end of the world, but definitely makes an impact if you watch and are following on Twitter or getting texts from friends that spoil things.

I'm hoping the new MSG stand-alone streaming service is the right combination of picture quality and limited lag.

lucifer91

Jul 29, 2011
NJ
DirecTV stream is much better in general from a picture quality and even sound perspective than Fubo. The only issue with DirecTV stream is that it's on a little bit more of a lag than YoutubeTV/Fubo, so you're even further behind whatever is live.

I've run the same program on YoutubeTV in one room and DirecTV stream in the other, and DirecTV is a solid 10-15 seconds behind Youtube. Not the end of the world, but definitely makes an impact if you watch and are following on Twitter or getting texts from friends that spoil things.

I'm hoping the new MSG stand-alone streaming service is the right combination of picture quality and limited lag.
wait, there is a MSG stand-alone service coming? i didn't know that

Rybo

Dec 27, 2022
New Jersey
Not having social media helps with this!

I sometimes love to record a 7pm game to watch in bed later that night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad