Kings Article: Frozen Royalty Exclusive: LA Kings Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yannetti On the 2022 NHL Draft – Part 1

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
As he has for several years now, LA Kings Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yannetti “sat down” for a one-on-one interview with Frozen Royalty about the Kings’ picks in the 2022 NHL Draft.

This year, apparently, Yannetti did not speak to other independent media, so this is information that you’ll read only on frozenroyalty.net.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Good read and confirms my suspicions the lack of movemen.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
As he has for several years now, LA Kings Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yannetti “sat down” for a one-on-one interview with Frozen Royalty about the Kings’ picks in the 2022 NHL Draft.

This year, apparently, Yannetti did not speak to other independent media, so this is information that you’ll read only on frozenroyalty.net.

You couldn't wait one more minute to post this at 4:20?

• Haha
Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Interested to hear his takes on the rest of the draftees. Seemed like a slow burn draft and was honestly surprised at how many guys they drafted with either USHL or college plans.

Reactions: LAKings88

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Is Gann the only independent reporter left on the Kings beat?

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Interested to hear his takes on the rest of the draftees. Seemed like a slow burn draft and was honestly surprised at how many guys they drafted with either USHL or college plans.
Seems they couldn't add anything that would make the crew on the present ship, so they set about making a future crew to man the stations. Like I said already the Kings won the draft before it started in a very economical manner.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I hear what he's saying about not having much control to move from 51 because you don't have additional picks, but when I look at the Kings roster I see some guys out of waiver eligibility and no slots for them.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Seems they couldn't add anything that would make the crew on the present ship, so they set about making a future crew to man the stations. Like I said already the Kings won the draft before it started in a very economical manner.
I’m not necessarily buying that. The kings have tons of assets that are currently depreciating. Yes you want depth but maybe one of those assets you don’t have room on your current roster could’ve been moved for a second round pick etc.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I’m not necessarily buying that. The kings have tons of assets that are currently depreciating. Yes you want depth but maybe one of those assets you don’t have room on your current roster could’ve been moved for a second round pick etc.

Who's offering a second round pick for scraps? The Oilers are finding it difficult to move a more proven player in Jesse Puljujarvi.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
All Puljujarvi has proven is that he can barely produce despite playing with two of the best players in the NHL. He's 24, the early part of his prime, and the Oilers are looking to move on for a reason, the puck dies on his stick. There is no potential upside there anymore, unlike someone who is still 21/22. That's why Dach was able to still pull the kind of return he did. Puljujarvi not playing with McDavid or Draisaitl is a dime a dozen player, that's why there is little interest. Potential magic beans are worth more than dime a dozen

Last edited:
Reactions: Vino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad