Frozen Fury Fan Fest and Exhibition Games

Jun 6, 2016
Just back from the game, sloppy goal tending from the Kings. Loved the arena only thing I think they could improve on is adding more concession stands

I think they have a crazy amount. They have small Ala carts with beer and specialty food too.

Had a Braut with Khalua pork and slaw on a Texas toast bun from a random cart on the 200 level.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
On TV it looked like the Kings in between period announcing crew was set up behind my section of seats. They better not park their ***** there for the regular season games because that's in the way to the beer stand.

Jun 6, 2016
On TV it looked like the Kings in between period announcing crew was set up behind my section of seats. They better not park their ***** there for the regular season games because that's in the way to the beer stand.

I believe they said the radio and TV booths weren't finish yet (via twitter) so they were crammed down lower.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Just popping in to say that I had a great time last night and the arena was awesome. The sound system is amazing. Was also pleasantly surprised by how many non-game attending people on the street recognized my jersey and asked about the game, said "Go Stars", etc. Ride share pickup after was a pretty ridiculous hassle since we/the various drivers we tried didn't know where to go but I assume a lot of that will be ironed out by next season.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
i worked the broadcast and had access to the bowels of the arena. First thing I did was look at the ice- The boards are new, so it was weird to see such clean glass around the rink. Ice looks good and fast. Sightlines are good, the seating is pretty well right on top of things with a decent slope angle. I stood in the camera well in the corner at ice level- there are rows of seats all the way to the glass (I remember reading in this forum that there was a concern about this). I didn't go the the concourse.
Below the stands, what I found to be interesting was the amount of space for VIP hospitality. Tons of fancy rooms with locked doors and sponsored names, plus they have their own entrance on the Frank Sinatra BLVD side. I've worked in dozens of multi purpose venues around the world and I can tell you this: The T-Mobile was built to house an NHL team. There is no wasted space, and it is better appointed than even Staples. I do wish the loading dock were in the shade, but at least it's at ice level. Security and other services are still adjusting to the amount of events, but that will level off with time and experience.
Oh, and when Toshiba Plaza is finished on both sides, this is a world class destination.

Jun 6, 2016
Zalapshot - do you need an assistant/intern that'll run and get coffee whenever needed!?! Let me know! Lol!!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Now that I'm remembering the game last night, it looked like the ice wasn't that great. Guys were falling left and right. Hope we don't become infamous for bad ice. Then again it is only early October.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Now that I'm remembering the game last night, it looked like the ice wasn't that great. Guys were falling left and right. Hope we don't become infamous for bad ice. Then again it is only early October.

I really can't see how the ice can be that bad here. I've always heard that humidity is what creates bad ice and we've got very little of that and the interiors of the arenas are all pretty much the same temperature. Someone mentioned there are even league regulations about arena temps while the ice is down. Assuming they're filtering most of the hardness out of the water that might create a crappy surface we should be golden, especially compared to places with a lot more actual "weather" than us.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Just got back from the game.

Arena was very nice.

Game itself was boring. Was excited to see 3 v 3 for the first time live. Well that is until it ended only 30 seconds after it started.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I really can't see how the ice can be that bad here. I've always heard that humidity is what creates bad ice and we've got very little of that and the interiors of the arenas are all pretty much the same temperature. Someone mentioned there are even league regulations about arena temps while the ice is down. Assuming they're filtering most of the hardness out of the water that might create a crappy surface we should be golden, especially compared to places with a lot more actual "weather" than us.

This article is a few years old, so may be outdated in discussing technology and such, but it does show how the league gets involved everywhere in trying to maintain a consistent level of ice quality.

It is a science, and might just be inexperience. Did you hire a Canadian for this? All the best NHL rinks have Canadian ice makers. ;)

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
This article is a few years old, so may be outdated in discussing technology and such, but it does show how the league gets involved everywhere in trying to maintain a consistent level of ice quality.

It is a science, and might just be inexperience. Did you hire a Canadian for this? All the best NHL rinks have Canadian ice makers. ;)

Yeah, we've got some psycho Canadian making ice and *****ing about Zambonis. He's a really cool guy, though.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Just sharing an observation. I don't know the process. It just looked like way more falling over than a usual hockey game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad