Front office

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I wonder if Ryan Smith makes Jim Olsen the CEO or president of the hockey team?

I am listening to a KSL sports interview with him and it sounds like he is all over making this great fan experience.. and how they are going to redo the arena etc.

Maybe it’s because RS wants the Jazz to help market this etc .. not sure you can be CEO of both teams?

If not do you think they make BA GM and Pres?

Or who would be someone he hires?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don’t want or think we need a president of hockey ops. If you want a seasoned voice, Pleau is there. President of business ops is different and can definitely do both teams. I suspect that person works for SME, not either team.

In terms of other staffing, I’d assume Matt McConnell is coming along to Utah given he was at the event the other day. I’m cool with that. I’ve heard a rumour of who color could be if not Tyson but it’s nothing firm yet.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I don’t want or think we need a president of hockey ops. If you want a seasoned voice, Pleau is there. President of business ops is different and can definitely do both teams. I suspect that person works for SME, not either team.

In terms of other staffing, I’d assume Matt McConnell is coming along to Utah given he was at the event the other day. I’m cool with that. I’ve heard a rumour of who color could be if not Tyson but it’s nothing firm yet.
I liked Panger..I know I am in the minority,but I liked Nash as well

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I am listening to a KSL sports interview with him and it sounds like he is all over making this great fan experience.. and how they are going to redo the arena etc.
I should mention that KSL, like the Deseret News, is wholly owned by the LDS Church. So you can expect a whole lot more coverage of Ryan Smith from them. And that's all I'll say about that. 😁

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
All color guys have their go to goofy sayings and quirks that eventually end up becoming a bit obnoxious after a while…Nash is fine.
I liked Panger..I know I am in the minority,but I liked Nash as well
Ultimately I liked Nash as a person and enjoyed his interviews when he was just acting normal. Once he got on TV though he became a cartoon and a very dumbed down commentator. For the new guy or gal, give me someone who knows the game and can teach me something rather than play down to the lowest common denominator.

Also, turn up the professionalism on the whole broadcast. I know they wont be fancy like the top shelf TNT broadcast but a studio with some solid pregame, between period analysis (like other clubs have) would be nice.

Finally, I hope for good things for Jody and Todd but will not miss em.

Finally x 2. Really enjoyed Petey and Leah. Would love to see them connected to Utah somehow but if not, hope their careers go well elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad