Frolov or Ruutu next years ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Brownov*

Good question!
If Frolov shoots more look out!
If Ruutu stays healthy look out!
I have both of these guys in my keeper.No worries here.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
hawksgoal said:
this is easy Ruutu, he is over his injury and he scores more then Fro boy already.

He does ? Oh, I didn't know that, I thought Frolov has scored 24 goals this season..

"Ruutu is one year younger"

Correct, good call. And he gets more quality icetime and PP time in contrast with Frolov last year and Chistov was one year younger as well last season. Look what has happened to him

I'm getting a little bit tired of those Ruutu admirers, three months ago you didn't hear them and suddenly he's much better with much more potential while Frolov's development is going pretty well too. Well, say what you want but drop words like "this is easy" because then I can't take you serious anymore.

Last edited:

zeppelin97

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
I'd go with Ruutu. Hes definately used more in an offensive role compared to frolov. while frolov is used much much more on the PK.

PP min avg per game:
Ruutu- 3:38, ranked 5th on hawks
Frolov- 2:30, ranked 14th on kings

Frolov has got to develop his shot more (his one-timer in particular). Has frolov scored a goal more than 5 feet out yet (i think one time he did, although don't quote me on that)?

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
zeppelin97 said:
I'd go with Ruutu. Hes definately used more in an offensive role compared to frolov. while frolov is used much much more on the PK.

PP min avg per game:
Ruutu- 3:38, ranked 5th on hawks
Frolov- 2:30, ranked 14th on kings

Frolov has got to develop his shot more (his one-timer in particular). Has frolov scored a goal more than 5 feet out yet (i think one time he did, although don't quote me on that)?

Doesn't matter, as a goal is a goal. Do you think nash has scored many long shots and yet he is tied for the league in scoring. As long as he puts the puck in the net, who cares if it is a long shot or on the door of the net. Guys like Ryan Smyth have built their careers playing in the crease and scoring goals.

Mr.Brownov*

triggrman said:
Ruutu, same skill level but Ruutu is tons more physical.
So you think cause Tuomo is more of a physical specimen,that he'll have more point production than Alex?Tell that to Marty St.Louis

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Last 22 game: Martin St.Louis 8+19=27pts, Tuomo Ruutu 13+13=26pt, Joe Sakic 9+15pts, Marian Hossa 10+9pts, Milan Hejduk 9+10pts,
Alexander Frolov 6+5=11.

Why we even compare Ruutu and Frolov? Ruutu is easily better than Frolov.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
IFK said:
Last 22 game: Martin St.Louis 8+19=27pts, Tuomo Ruutu 13+13=26pt, Joe Sakic 9+15pts, Marian Hossa 10+9pts, Milan Hejduk 9+10pts,
Alexander Frolov 6+5=11.

The whole LA team is slumping right now. The funny part is you compare ONLYthe last 22 games. How about we compare the first 22 games of the season and I know for a fact Frolov will look better. Your example is just plain ignorant.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
IFK said:
Alexander Frolov 6+5=11.

these are similar players at this point, so its a worthy question. its not "easy", how can you base anything on 22 games with players so young? Frolov has been around all year, and may be tiring. ruutu is just getting it cranked up being healthy + more ice time. there is no saying for sure that ruutu can put these points up all year - lets see him do it before saying he is "easily better than frolov". i like them both, and think they will have similar production - its "easily" a debateable topic. sweeping generalizations like thatare a bit silly at this point.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
benbouch said:
Which one between Frolov and Ruutu will put more pts next years ??? :help:

I would definetely go with Ruutu. Now that all of our old foagies are gone, Ruutu is finally getting top line duties and real ice time (real ice time defined as ice time with better players than Travis Moen and Igor Korolev). He's been by far our best player for the last month or two, and if he keeps this pace up and stays healthy, he'll have more than Frolov, who has more competition in LA and is likely to see less ice time.

The Boot

Feb 23, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I'm as much as a Ruutu advocate as anyone, but Frolov is getting very little credit here. Frolov has played with am injury depleted roster all season long and if guys like Allison, Palffy, Straka and Deadmarsh are there for a full healthy season then he does have a stronger group of players around him. I'm not trying to take away anything from the Arnason-Daze-Ruutu line which has been awesome lately but I would really be surprised to see Ruutu or anyone else on that line averaging a point per game all next season even with their production as of late. I think Ruutu may end up with a little more ice but in the end Frolov is still one of the top two lw's in LA and i don't expect that to change next season, he will get ample ice time to produce. In the end i may take Ruutu but the fact that Allison could be back in the lineup could make Frolov a 30 goal man next season, making the race much closer if you ask me.

Last edited:

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
IFK said:
Alexander Frolov 6+5=11.

Are you for real, you're really serious with this ?

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Ruutu. He wasn't 100% early on in the year. It took him til Christmas to get into shape.

"I know that I wasn’t playing well in fall. However, I was sort of getting in shape. After all, I lost practically the whole off-season because of my injury and rehabbing. So, I gave a head start for everybody in the NHL, admits Tuomo who is a happy camper after getting his tally to 20 goals. And 21 for that matter"

Now that he's 100% look what he does. He's almost been a point a game player since january 1st.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
My favorite line above: "LA has been slumping as of late".... Geez, what are the hawks doing then?

Look, this came up what 2months ago now? Both are great young players. Isn't that good enough?

Who would I take? there is no question who I would take, But' I'd take ruutu at 20 goals over most players with 35- because he plays the style of game that very few can, and its the style I like to watch most.

Ruutu's pt explosion here in the 2nd half of the season just shut the people up who didn't really know anything about his game in the first place-

-fullmetalninja

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Patrick - Flames said:
The whole LA team is slumping right now. The funny part is you compare ONLYthe last 22 games. How about we compare the first 22 games of the season and I know for a fact Frolov will look better. Your example is just plain ignorant.

You can read the reason wally´s and fullmetalninja´s post.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Mr.Brownov said:
So you think cause Tuomo is more of a physical specimen,that he'll have more point production than Alex?Tell that to Marty St.Louis
No I'm saying they have the same skill level but Ruutu is more willing to score the ugly lunch bucket goal, St. Louis is small but he isn't soft. I didn't mention size at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad