Confirmed with Link: Frolik Signs [1yr 3.3M]

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@garylawless: Have just learned Michael Frolik and #nhljets have agreed to a one-year deal for $3.3 million. #bn @WinnipegNews will have web story shortly

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Not good. Was hoping for something longer term. I believe he's a UFA after this one year deal.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Is he now potential trade deadline material?

Maybe it's all part of the "soft tank" plan.

seasontixholder*

I hate to be negative nilly but players don't want to play here. Frolik knows it and probably thought he could get $4 million.

#whatdidchevydotoday

I understand it's a business and the bottom line is to make money but it's sure looking like True North is only in it to make make and nothing else.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Welli don't understand this at all. This off season is quickly turning into a bust for me. We get a nice lame duck season from Frolik here.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I hate to be negative nilly but players don't want to play here. Frolik knows it and probably thought he could get $4 million.

#whatdidchevydotoday

I understand it's a business and the bottom line is to make money but it's sure looking like True North is only in it to make make and nothing else.

Yeah, that's true. That's why all of our core players signed long term deals here.

Yup, definitely did not want to be here. :shakehead

I think the Jets were being cheap ***** and Frolik said **** it, I'll give you your dollars but I will turn ufa.

Now aren't you glad we spent that money on Thorburn? I would have easily gave him Thors extra 1.2 on a long term deal.

Sad, sad day for Jets fans. Chevy is really starting to show incompetence.

RaakaArska

Jul 14, 2014
I hope he gets traded before the season starts or at latest trade deadline. Don't get me wrong I love Frolik, but it seems he's going to walk after this season anyway.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

#whatdidchevydotoday

He will get $4M, perhaps $5M if he gets to UFA. He won't get any cheaper next year.

I wonder what purpose Chevy is saving internal cap space for? Trade(s)?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah, that's true. That's why all of our core players signed long term deals here.

I think the Jets were being cheap ***** and Frolik said **** it, I'll give you your dollars but I will turn ufa.

Now aren't you glad we spent that money on Thorburn? I would have easily gave him Thors extra 1.2 on a long term deal.

Or Walsh was being outrageous in his demands and refused to lower them and instead of signing another Pavelic contract the Jets elected to go one year and deal him. It could go either way here.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Groan. Seriously?

This is concerning from the speculative point that it seems Chevy doesn't want to pay guys what's happening around the league. I didn't want to overpay Frolik either, but I knew he'd be getting money in the range of our first line guys, if not more, simply because the cap has gone up, so too have the comparables. If that meant he's making more than guys like Enstrom or Little, well, that's just a reflection of when the deals were made and what the cap was at the time. Ouch.

seasontixholder*

Wanna bet not one of the Atlanta Thrasher core players that signed long term would be making the money they are here anywhere else?

Just cause they signed here doesn't mean they want to play here. Why do people go work in remote areas? $$$

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Don't worry, Chevy will flip him for 1 first in the trade deadline. The team hoping toget in the playoff, will not make it. Then , they win the lottery.

so it works out for the best

McDavid >>> Frolik

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'll tell ya...I really don't have any positive feelings about the upcoming season at all. I can see a whole litany of **** storms on the horizon...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad