TV: Friends reunion review

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
If you're a big fan and know the series well, it was kind of fun, but it's only anecdoctical. Matthew Perry is all kind of cringy, he looks in pretty bad shape.
I do want to know what they're doing now, I know that Mathew Perry did have a drug problem, but he looked ok in the series the Odd couple a couple of years ago.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If you're a big fan and know the series well, it was kind of fun, but it's only anecdoctical. Matthew Perry is all kind of cringy, he looks in pretty bad shape.

I do want to know what they're doing now, I know that Mathew Perry did have a drug problem, but he looked ok in the series the Odd couple a couple of years ago.

Perry had an emergency dental operation on that day which explains the slurry speech.

The reason for Matthew Perry’s ‘slurred’ speech in Friends Reunion promo has been explained

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Joey, Ross and Phoebe aged the best

Chandler looked old, Monica looks like a plastic ghoul; kind of has the default facial expression of a Team American World Police puppet with a thousand yard stare. Rachel hit the wall and loks like she's aged 15-years in the last 5-years, weirdly she sounded old her voice is deeper and had a grandma cadence to it (if that makes any sense)

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I enjoyed the reunion more than I thought I would. Actually got emotional at one or two points.

If they're ever going to do a proper reunion with the characters then I think an HBO Max movie where someone's kid gets married could work. That would feel like a natural cause for a reunion. They could go for the diversity complaints that way too. ;)

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Matt LeBlanc and David were the best; really insightful and just great all around. And Lisa reading her lines - she sounded exactly the same as she did 20 years ago lol! I enjoyed when it was just the six of them talking/remincing. All that other crap was meh.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
Don't have HBO but I heard there was too much James corden.
No, i was worried about that too but it was good, he didnt play a big role at all. I was a huge Friends fan, but was skeptical that the reunion would be into itself if that makes sense? It wasn't really, and they did it well I thought. I haven't watched the show in 10 years after being a superfan so it felt like a reunion for me too. Didn't care for the celebrity appearances, the show is about regular people, and I dont really care what david beckham or john snow think about the show :laugh: Those moments were brief though.
I dont think Lisa Kudrow enjoyed getting upstaged by Lada Gaga either:laugh:

If anyone nailed the trivia then props to you! Some of those were HARD!
My friend got the barbershop lyrics word for word, f***ing psycho.
And where the hell was Paul Rudd?!? He should have hosted or at very least have made an appaerance!

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I have not seen this yet, but I must say that I admire that they didn't start making new episodes or a film, instead they did something else. Too much stuff gets remade and rebooted etc. today and you get annoyed by it. Friends left a lot of fans wanting more instead of feeling, why is this still going on. By doing a reunion, they gave something new to the fans without overdoing it.

Many television shows overstay their welcome and people lose interest as the show's quality declines. Friends was still very popular when it aired originally and they would have been if they started making new episodes though I don't think it would have been as good as it once was and fans would have seen the thing they loved turned to shit. This way the shows legacy is preserved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad