Pre-Game Talk: Friday's draft streaming anywhere?

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Does anyone know if the draft will be streaming anywhere online? No cable and suspended my hockeystreams for the summer.

I'm not sure if TSN or even maybe CBC stream this sort of thing, can't find any info.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Does anyone know if the draft will be streaming anywhere online? No cable and suspended my hockeystreams for the summer.

I'm not sure if TSN or even maybe CBC stream this sort of thing, can't find any info.

Neither will be streaming it.

There will be streams, possibly NBC and Sportsnet as they have the rights.

Aside from that, there will be streams online as per usual.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Sporstnet.

..........Sportsnet? It's bad enough they screwed up the broadcasting of the games, now they're going to butcher the draft as well? :cry:

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
If you can find someone who has Rogers cable you can get their sign in ID and watch sportnet now on their website.

Works great.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'll be watching on NBC. Miller/McGuire/Mckenzie is lightyears, I mean light years better than listening to John Shannon and Damien Cox try and pretend that they have any inkling of an idea about what's going on.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'll be watching on NBC. Miller/McGuire/Mckenzie is lightyears, I mean light years better than listening to John Shannon and Damien Cox try and pretend that they have any inkling of an idea about what's going on.

Agreed.

....and holy crap, 4 days away! Time moves fast.

FreakyBunny

Sep 4, 2006
Ottawa
I seem to remember finding a stream last year somewhere. I'm reasonably confident I'll find one again. They aren't too hard to find if they are out there.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Not sure I'll watch if I can only find Sportsnet. I can't stand listening to a bunch of those guys.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Made reservations for Sens House weeks ago, in anticipation that they would likely host an Official Draft party.

Can't wait, love watching the draft.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Made reservations for Sens House weeks ago, in anticipation that they would likely host an Official Draft party.

Can't wait, love watching the draft.

Aw man, draft party? I totally forgot I'm going to be in town for the draft!

Should have organized something...

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Aw man, draft party? I totally forgot I'm going to be in town for the draft!

Should have organized something...

Sens House just announced it on Friday, so there's probably still room I would imagine.
Call (613) 241-5434 from 11a – 2a daily

28t7ytc.png

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Sens House just announced it on Friday, so there's probably still room I would imagine.
Call (613) 241-5434 from 11a – 2a daily

28t7ytc.png

Hmm... I'll call on Wednesday. I arrive in Ottawa super-late on Tuesday, and will be hella-jet-lagged, but hopefully it won't be all booked up.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I bet Pierre Dorion makes the call & announces who they pick at 18.

GenerationalStar*

Not looking forward to the interviews with the prospects. Strombo isn't as bad as everyone thinks, but he's no where CLOSE to Duthie.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Hmm... I'll call on Wednesday. I arrive in Ottawa super-late on Tuesday, and will be hella-jet-lagged, but hopefully it won't be all booked up.

It was booked up yesterday. I just called and they're only taking "some" walk-ins. Everything else has been booked pretty soon after announcing it. :(

EDIT: Just called Real Sports and it sounds like they're choosing the World Cup over the Draft. Bleh.

DOUBLE EDIT: Which I'm now realizing is China/TBD and the game is at Lansdowne. Talk about a weird/stupid business move.

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The draft is just interminable television. It's important but it's so boring. The majority of substantial trades are worked out and publicized earlier in the day so it's basically just 5 hours of people droning on and on and on and on and on. Let Tim Murray make every team's selections, speed this thing up.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
The draft is just interminable television. It's important but it's so boring. The majority of substantial trades are worked out and publicized earlier in the day so it's basically just 5 hours of people droning on and on and on and on and on. Let Tim Murray make every team's selections, speed this thing up.
i don't follow the major junior leagues, so for me it's a first good look at the top prospects entering the league

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00