Pre-Game Talk: Friday McBluejackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I'm actually looking forward to an oilers game. Damn you Chia for acquiring these new guys along with good ol McDavid.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I'm praying for a win but knowing the Oilers, they will **** the bed this game following a great performance and proceed to lose the next 4 in a row. Please prove me wrong, Oilers.

My personal hope for the Oilers is that we finish at least 9 pts out of a playoff spot when it's all said and done. Right now, we're 13 pts behind Minny.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Travelling b2b after a high intensity game?

The old oilers never show up for these type of games... Let's see if the new Oilers show up. lol.

Also,

McDavid.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Really hope we don't make Talbot play again. Goalies are horrible on the back end of a back to back.
Especially considering all the shots he faced.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Really hope we don't make Talbot play again. Goalies are horrible on the back end of a back to back.
Especially considering all the shots he faced.
Talbot has often actually been better on the second game of a back to back. It's odd

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I think we'll see LB.

:popcorn:

I'm really excited for tomorrow.

It's been a great day. Maroon debut, the return of Big Bo to the Bake, and the physically dominat win.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
It's been a very long time since the words 'physically dominant win' were used with the oilers. It's very refreshing. Pardy looks like a better version of Gryba. Just as physical but better offensive instincts, way better passing. I like what I've seen so far, hope he keeps it up. I think yak had another very good game. Great in our own end, both backchecking and in coverage. He finished a lot of checks as well. He seems to fit alongside mcdavid better than eberle, who looked a little lost and slow in transition tonight.

Maroon was a beast! As well as showing off the good hands everyone was talking about. I think oilers let cracknell go. Seemed very slow to me.

It's gonna be so interesting to see what they do when nuge comes back. So many options.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Excited for a game against a lowly opponent with a game the night before?

Please let there be a twist in this script, Chia.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
They could really show how far they're coming along with a win tonight.

This game has piss poor oiler effort written all over it.

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
Disco Stu: Did you know that disco record sales were up 400% for the year ending 1976? If these trends continue… A-y-y-y!

OFHLYxZ.jpg

(Not sure the relevance, but any excuse to use the frinkiac site.)

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
They normally fail these. A win tonight would be refreshing.

Yep, normally this is the inevitable let down game. Can see it coming from a mile away.

You would have to hope with our skill guys getting relatively limited ice last night due to all the penalties that they would be fresher for tonight. Except Connor, you play the s**t out of that kid no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad