Free Rakell

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Why the **** have Brad Staubitz and DSP been playing over this guy? I get that he's better at C, but he can't be worse on the wing than those other two guys...

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
He'll probably play tomorrow. Can't imagine Staubitz playing and the team will be tired, so maybe they'll want some fresh legs in tomorrow.

Corey Perry*

He'll probably play tomorrow. Can't imagine Staubitz playing and the team will be tired, so maybe they'll want some fresh legs in tomorrow.

It depends if they want to keep him up. Can't play him unless we keep him up for the rest of the year.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Staubitz made a moronic decision to spear the Stars player but his heart was in the right place at least. Before tonight he was fine.

They need to make a decision on Rakell though. It's no good him sitting in the pressbox night after night.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
So does he have to be returned immediately after the 5th game, or is can he still practice with the team as long as he doesn't actually play?

Selanne138

Nov 18, 2009
So does he have to be returned immediately after the 5th game, or is can he still practice with the team as long as he doesn't actually play?

Pretty sure he can practice as long as he doesn't suit up for a game. He should get a look tomorrow, seeing as he is the only other option at forward. Then Id assume he will get sent back, unless he really impresses. Wouldn't mind at least trying him between Ryan and Selanne.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
That's weak. The kid needs game pace, and lots of it.
I have no problem with sending him back to Plymouth if he can't force his way in through practice. I also have no problem building him up for that final game. I just hope they finally make up their minds sometime soon. I do have a major problem with shoehorning him into our lineup because Smith-Pelly wasn't ready. We have players down in Norfolk that warrant a look if that's where we're heading.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I have no problem with sending him back to Plymouth if he can't force his way in through practice. I also have no problem building him up for that final game. I just hope they finally make up their minds sometime soon. I do have a major problem with shoehorning him into our lineup because Smith-Pelly wasn't ready. We have players down in Norfolk that warrant a look if that's where we're heading.

I know you follow the Admirals much closer than the majority of us. Who in your opinion warrants a look?

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I know you follow the Admirals much closer than the majority of us. Who in your opinion warrants a look?
I still think Maroon deserves a short look.

If we're going to convert a defensive center to RW, I'd like to try doing it with Wagner. He throws big hits, and has easily been the best defensive player in Norfolk. Kid likes to fight, too. Has offensive upside.

I also like Bodie, Rosehill, or Kurtz if we go goon - say if Staubitz is suspended. Less so with Rosehill, seeing as he was even less of a player than Staubitz was back when he was with the Leafs. I haven't seen P3L play, yet, so I have no idea if he'd be a better option. I'll watch tonight's game.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Maroon for offense he was a final cut and its sink or swim time for him nothing more to prove at the ahl level. Also has chemistry with several players especially KP
Also PL3 for obvious reasons

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
:rolleyes:

Only enforcers take penalties
typical new duck/undercover red wing fan
Make sure when Koivu or Lydman take a penalty you post about it

The difference is that Koivu and Lydman both bring something valuable to the team. Koivu brings skill, defense, point production, leadership. Lydman brings solid own zone defense, decent puck moving, good penalty killing. Not sure what Staubitz brings of value other than the occasional hit. He also tends to get into fights with heavyweights - and gets his ass kicked. And to top that off he takes more stupid penalties then the average hockey player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad