Proposal: Free Agents

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I would hope there is no room for a Stalberg in Brooklyn. I like Chimera better for our 30 year old pickup for 2 mill.
A 30 year old 20 point player is not where our team is at. He is filler .we also have Kulemin.
I think his last 5 years will show that more or less .he will probably get 1-2 mill on a 1 yr deal next year.

TJ Oshie - at 30 years old I think he will get a 5 year 30 mill from someone or more
Also I think as much as he is a very good player , he is not on the next tier up.
I think he is helped greatly playing with OV and Backstrom. If we did not have Ladd
Maybe we offered him what we offered Ladd. One 30 year old forward with an albatross
Contract enough . Boychuk is our D man in that same boat.
These guys have put in their time in the league and deserve to get paid. I see whoever
Gives Oshie a 6-36 deal ( if not Washington ) will have a declining 40 point player.
You asked so I answered.
The opinions of this poster don't necessarily reflect the opinions of HF boards or its islanders fans or TJ Oshie fans.

With all respect I pass on both players

Last edited:

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Has Anyone Thought What It Would Take To Get Kris Versteeg In An Islander Uniform? What About Radim Vrbata For Our New York Islanders?

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Has Anyone Thought What It Would Take To Get Kris Versteeg In An Islander Uniform? What About Radim Vrbata For Our New York Islanders?

What Do You Think It Would Take To Acquire David Krejci ? Strome ? I Think Boston Would Have To Add A First Round Pick In Return To My New York Islanders Though To Make It A Fair Trade.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Honestly With All Of The Pieces Currently In The System, And Already Signed On For Next Year, I Can't See My New York Islanders Looking Too Much Different Next Year.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I can see my New York Islanders getting a new arena in the Bronx and my new york Islanders making the following trade

Isles get Evander Kane, testosterone boosting bills, and Kyle Okposo's snot rag and the Sabres gettting Leddy and JT

My New York Islanders signing Mike Ribeiro and agreeing to sign a contract with a meth lab in Albuquerque

My New York Islanders getting Andrew MacDonald back from the Flyers for Hamonic and Lee

My New York Islanders giving Steve Sterling a 6 year contact to come back to coach the squad.

My New York Islanders hiring Dale Hunter and Kirk Muller as Sterling's assistants.

Yes lots of changes for my New York Isles

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006
Sharp might be worth taking a poke at but recent health issues should be considered.....

Always liked the Grit and size of Brian Boyle....he always puts it on the line in the playoffs....

Figuring we will lose Hickey or De Haan to Vegas......

Who might get traded if anyone....

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I would make a run at Oshie.

Gonna cost as much as Ladd/Nielsen/Okposo.

With Boychuk and Ladd's deals already under NYI's cap long term, can NYI fit in another for a player who's scored 20+ goals once away from the likes of Backstrom, Kuznetsov, and Ovechkin and a team consistently in the top five in goals for and goals against (as in least).

Also he's shooting 21.7% this year. No thanks.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Gonna cost as much as Ladd/Nielsen/Okposo.

With Boychuk and Ladd's deals already under NYI's cap long term, can NYI fit in another for a player who's scored 20+ goals once away from the likes of Backstrom, Kuznetsov, and Ovechkin and a team consistently in the top five in goals for and goals against (as in least).

Also he's shooting 21.7% this year. No thanks.

Personally, I want no part of the overpayment Oshie is gonna get. But just to play devil's advocate, even excluding his 1 "20 goal season" in St. Louis, his career G/GP in St Louis was .206, good for an 82 game pace of 17 goals. Throw in his 21 goal season and it becomes 18 goals per 82 games. Although, yes, being on the high scoring Caps aids his goal scoring, he was basically a 20 goal per year type guy before that. or at least an 18 goal per year guy, lol.

JerseyJoe

Feb 26, 2012
Some where in Jersey
I think we have some players who can be utilized in some inexpensive trade for before the deadline... Maybe some like this..
Out of these possible additions to the team for a better chance at the playoffs.
Detroit Thomas Vanek LW
Toronto James van Riemsdyk LW
Arizona Martin Hanzal C
Arizona Radim Vrbata RW
Dallas Patrick Eaves RW

What package would you do to try and grab two or three of these guys and form a couple of solid scoring lines.
Josh Bailey C
Brock Nelson C
Ryan Strome C
Alan Quine C
Travis Hamonic D
Thomas Hickey D
Calvin de Haan D
Jaroslav Halak G
Ryan Pulock D
Michael Dal Colle LW
2017 1st
2017 2nd
2017 3rd
Only 16 days left something can be put together so everyone else in our division dont grab any of these guys.
Tell what you think?

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Isles won't be making any big trades this deadline. They will add another complimentary player for a 4th but that's it. And they won't be trading anyone away either

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
hoping that we pick up Vrbata, for any of picks, Quine, Prince, and any prospect not named Pelech, Beauvillier, Barzal, Sorokin, Soderstrom, Bellows or Pulock.

Bailey is working out well with JT right now, but i think that line could use some speed, and i would try Vrbata.

Lee-JT-Vrbata
Nelson-Bailey-Strome
Ladd-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Chimera-Beauvillier-Kulemin

or

Lee-JT-Bailey
Nelson-Strome-Vrbata
Ladd-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Chimera-Beauvillier-Kulemin

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events