Speculation: Free Agent Frenzy Part III - Will EK stay or will EK go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
This narrative makes no sense.

Yandle went 5-42-47 in his 1 full season with the Rangers. Playing 19:58 per game.

2 seasons with Florida have been 5-36-41 (22:02 TOI) and 8-48-56. (24:29 TOI).

His career per season average is 46 points.

His season with the Rangers is right in line with everything he has done during his career. There is no "dip". There was no "career season" last year. Yandle is consistently what he is.

He scored 8 goals and 56 points last season after a full year of getting the AV stink off of him. That is more in line with his Arizona numbers. 12 goals, 11 goals, 11 goals, 10 goals, 8 goals.

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
He scored 8 goals and 56 points last season after a full year of getting the AV stink off of him. That is more in line with his Arizona numbers. 12 goals, 11 goals, 11 goals, 10 goals, 8 goals.

The AV stink was worth 3 goals over 164 games. Ok.

Reactions: haveandare

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
For 1 year? It's a free asset
If you're Kovar, and you look at the center depth between the Islanders and the Rangers, which one do you think you get more playing time on?

Hint: It's not us.

Sure, it would have been nice to have a free center asset. But, realistically, we don't need him.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If you're Kovar, and you look at the center depth between the Islanders and the Rangers, which one do you think you get more playing time on?

Hint: It's not us.

Sure, it would have been nice to have a free center asset. But, realistically, we don't need him.

This is all true. My comment was not that he should have signed with the Rangers, it was that it was a good signing and I wished he had signed with the Rangers

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
This is all true. My comment was not that he should have signed with the Rangers, it was that it was a good signing and I wished he had signed with the Rangers

Why though?

I mean its a free asset, but not one signed for multiple seasons, hes 28 and we have a few young C's were going to try to break into the league at some point this season.

We may actually be moving a center OUT this summer.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Why though?

I mean its a free asset, but not one signed for multiple seasons, hes 28 and we have a few young C's were going to try to break into the league at some point this season.

We may actually be moving a center OUT this summer.

This would be why I would have signed him. he would have been a nice stop-gap for a year and if he played well and was highly sought after at the deadline he could be moved for an asset

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Dude, this is brutal for OTT and TBL. Why would either of those teams do this? Please think about that a bit.
1. too busy to dig up/list the full proposal but this is sufficiently accurate for ballpark purposes.
2. You are overlooking cap, to the point of disregarding it as a factor here, when it is actually key.
so like I said:
OTT gets 10m+ cap space after taking on Staal and Smith + and dumping Ryan, EK+, AND getting Foote
the big deal is not Foote, but 10m result and no Ryan
why would Sens not go there?

TB. Yeah Bolts don't want this, they want the sun AND the moon AND the starts, but like it or not, they do not dictate to us, and they have to bend buckle and break and go where we wanna go if they want our help.
That said, we have to meet them part of the way. We are not getting, and they are not giving, something for nothing.
If I remember they are taking on like 13ish m and moving 12ish m.
So by NYR eating 10ish m, we are facilitating the deal.

Of course not all cap hit is =.
They will want us to swallow Ryan, and I say hell no, unless there is something extensive and extreme to justify it.
We do that if we ourselves are getting EK, and then have option to keep at 4 years or, if not, flip w/out Ryan for massive rental from Leafs, Boston, etc.

We are taking on 10m, including Cally. Bolts cough up JT and Point or forget it.
Why do we have to be their patsy?
If Stevie Y doesn't like, let him find other team that can spare so many millions and take cap dumps.

The dynamic could change a bit if Sens keep Ryan, or retain on him, but I don't see that. Even if there were compliance buy outs now, Melnyk seems to wanna not have to pay, so use that.

So we give up Staal and Smith and get back Point, Miller and Callahan.

Hahaha please don't post this on the trade board.

This is historically awful, unrealistic, and a totally expected from you.

Ottawa get's royally ****ed as well.

Bern I'm still waiting for you to create a proposal that's not reminiscent of the **** I used to do in NHL 2004.

Guys, we disagree.
And Sens not royal-ed.
$10 m cap space immediately, plus options to do more with Smith/Staal, plus they got rid of Ryan, + Foote.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
1. too busy to dig up/list the full proposal but this is sufficiently accurate for ballpark purposes.
2. You are overlooking cap, to the point of disregarding it as a factor here, when it is actually key.
so like I said:
OTT gets 10m+ cap space after taking on Staal and Smith + and dumping Ryan, EK+, AND getting Foote
the big deal is not Foote, but 10m result and no Ryan
why would Sens not go there?

TB. Yeah Bolts don't want this, they want the sun AND the moon AND the starts, but like it or not, they do not dictate to us, and they have to bend buckle and break and go where we wanna go if they want our help.
That said, we have to meet them part of the way. We are not getting, and they are not giving, something for nothing.
If I remember they are taking on like 13ish m and moving 12ish m.
So by NYR eating 10ish m, we are facilitating the deal.

Of course not all cap hit is =.
They will want us to swallow Ryan, and I say hell no, unless there is something extensive and extreme to justify it.
We do that if we ourselves are getting EK, and then have option to keep at 4 years or, if not, flip w/out Ryan for massive rental from Leafs, Boston, etc.

We are taking on 10m, including Cally. Bolts cough up JT and Point or forget it.
Why do we have to be their patsy?
If Stevie Y doesn't like, let him find other team that can spare so many millions and take cap dumps.

The dynamic could change a bit if Sens keep Ryan, or retain on him, but I don't see that. Even if there were compliance buy outs now, Melnyk seems to wanna not have to pay, so use that.

Guys, we disagree.
And Sens not royal-ed.
$10 m cap space immediately, plus options to do more with Smith/Staal, plus they got rid of Ryan, + Foote.

In your proposal we would be getting a better return on Staal and Smith than the Senators would get on Karlsson and Ryan.

And getting rid of Ryan only to take on two just as awful contracts in Staal and Smith is not a positive for the Senators.

And Point is one of the best young players in the NHL and has massive value.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
His first year in Florida was worse than his last year here. Guess it took a year to get over it.

Nobody can argue that it wasn’t a horrible decision to not trade McDonagh and resign Yandle instead, when he left for Florida. I called for it at the time. McD surely would have returned a bounty. We would still have Yandle as an asset to move.

It’s on par with letting Stralman walk. I can’t understand why NYR always make these really obvious mistakes time after time after time again. Yandle is surely going to perform the entirety of that contract. Top Ds are making 11m per, soon to be 12m. Yandle is at a little more than 6m per.

I am really afraid that not moving Shatty is going to turn into another one of these mistakes... How could we decide to resign Brandon Smith? He wasn’t even good here at the wrong side. How much was Gorts influenced with advanced stats when it came to that complete and utter miserable decision?? AV didn’t play Smith in important defensive situations at RD for a reason. Smith had good advanced stats which fooled the analytics. Like Quinn said, you can only play on the wrong side as an emergency solution. Gorts he dumb f*** gave Smith a monster contract as an emergency solution. Gorts should have known better.

Gorts just must really effin start to shape up management, not blaming him for everything Slats did, I just don’t know who was responsible for what, but we can’t be this brain dead moving forward.

Zucc is another one that we just barely managed to keep, due to pure dumb luck. Easily our MVP winger the last decade, great contract. Since he got here he has been threatened as crap in a sense.

How come we are so brain dead year in and year out? Why are nobody asking these questions about the management of this team?

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

My own views on how we could've better utilized him better aside, Yandle's ppg. number in Phx/Az was .557

In NY it was .563

In Florida it's .590 so far.

He's been pretty steady throughout most of his career. Basically, Yandle is a defenseman who typically scores in 45-50 point range, with the occasional dip below and the occasional climb above.

Which is almost eerily reflected in his career numbers of 466 points in 825 games (or roughly 46 points per 82 games).

From a point perspective, he wasn't setting career highs, but he was right in the ballpark of a typical season. Now, one could argue that we could've deployed him in ways that got him closer to his offensive higher-end. But there's a little bit of a misconception that he completely off his usual pace.

Reactions: TheBPA

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Nobody can argue that it wasn’t a horrible decision to not trade McDonagh and resign Yandle instead, when he left for Florida. I called for it at the time. McD surely would have returned a bounty. We would still have Yandle as an asset to move.

It’s on par with letting Stralman walk. I can’t understand why NYR always make these really obvious mistakes time after time after time again. Yandle is surely going to perform the entirety of that contract. Top Ds are making 11m per, soon to be 12m. Yandle is at a little more than 6m per.

I am really afraid that not moving Shatty is going to turn into another one of these mistakes... How could we decide to resign Brandon Smith? He wasn’t even good here at the wrong side. How much was Gorts influenced with advanced stats when it came to that complete and utter miserable decision?? AV didn’t play Smith in important defensive situations at RD for a reason. Smith had good advanced stats which fooled the analytics. Like Quinn said, you can only play on the wrong side as an emergency solution. Gorts he dumb **** gave Smith a monster contract as an emergency solution. Gorts should have known better.

Gorts just must really effin start to shape up management, not blaming him for everything Slats did, I just don’t know who was responsible for what, but we can’t be this brain dead moving forward.

Zucc is another one that we just barely managed to keep, due to pure dumb luck. Easily our MVP winger the last decade, great contract. Since he got here he has been threatened as crap in a sense.

How come we are so brain dead year in and year out?

They almost did trade McDonagh that summer though. He was on his way to Edmonton.

Whoevers decision it was to keep Yandle through the trade deadline is an idiot though. Buying at the deadline that year is the single dumbest thing this organization has done in recent memory, worse than extending Staal or drafting a goalie in the 2nd round.

Reactions: eco's bones

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
They almost did trade McDonagh that summer though. He was on his way to Edmonton.

Whoevers decision it was to keep Yandle through the trade deadline is an idiot though. Buying at the deadline that year is the single dumbest thing this organization has done in recent memory, worse than extending Staal or drafting a goalie in the 2nd round.
Was that ever confirmed? All I remember hearing was from Dave Maloney that they had a deal in place for the 4th pick to draft Keller if CBJ drafted Poolparty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad