GDT: FREE AGENT FRENZY - 11 AM ESPN+ , TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
Bc Flames are not anything close to playoff bound... especially if last season trend continues

A little more money is fine. But in sacrifice of playing for a baad team?
They were four points out of a playoff spot last year and the Pacific division is absolute garbage. So you’re off base there. Yes, 95% of players would do what Coleman did, basically quadrupling his salary.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
There isn't one single stat that suggest Forbort is anything but a disaster. Not one. And the people who have watched him play are laughing at this deal and thrilled to see him go.

But sure, he'll be great here.

don’t need him to be great, just need him to be solid. I expect that he will be.

Reactions: Gee Wally

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Forbort really isn't a "tough" player. He is simply big and has 20 ATOI over his career due to playing on weaker teams. He is a #5-6 here. As is Reilly. And Clifton. And Zboril. And Vaakanainen. And Moore. And Tinordi if we bring him back.

Gryz is a debatable #4. Leaving us with #1 McAvoy, #3 Carlo.

Big gap in talent and toughness between the Bruins and other contenders.

So we have 6 x #6 dmen. That's like having 9 x #4 dmen right?

Sweenius!

Reactions: Gordoff and Bodit9

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
So who would you rather have in front of your net on the PK or against a heavy team? Him or Reilly? Him or Gryz? Him or Krug? Him or Zboril? And we may have different ideas about tough. He plays tough defensively, not tough as in scrumming and dropping the mitts or going for massive hits.

Forbort of course. Forbort at 1-2 years, around $1.5 - 2 million.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Wouldnt call locking up your bottom two defenders for just over 6mil for 3 years a win. Sorry, not going to rose color glass this because he is now a bruin like some fans would.

I am sorry for your loss here, and I mean that sincerely. I know many here are just not going to be happy with what happens today. I may end up pissed off at Donnie when all is said and done, but that doesn't make Forbort a bad signing, especially when it addresses one of the major needs that most of us identified as an issue last playoffs.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I thought BCBruin said we would be happy today :(...

We couldn't have outbid for Ethan Bear at least??? I mean besides the fact that he would be an upgrade on the 3rd pair his last name is BEAR!!! Come on Donny...

Bruins got outbid for Coleman last minute. TSN guys were surprised it was Calgary and not Boston. Duthie said Calgary made a late push and added an extra year. Bruins dodged a mistake.

Reactions: Skelen

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
this is the D. They absolutely love Gryz obviously. Not endorsing it, just telling you how I see it.

They didn't just give Reilly or Forbort 3 mil to be a 7th guy. If they add another D it'll be a Tinordi replacement. If they do trade Gryz I'd expect it to be for an Ekholm type but I think they love Gryz and value him highly so I'd be surprised if that's the route they take.

is what it is at this point. I love Gryz too, as a 3rd pair.. guess Forbort to top pair and Reilly w Carlo I hope

Reactions: LSCII

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
He also knows this place and knows that no matter what Sweeney does there will be a contingent that is unhappy.

I don't recall many folks unhappy about the trade deadline. Like probably none.

Which isn't to say we aren't fickle, but when a roster has clear talent holes and you fill them with mediocre players, you don't deserve a happy fan base.

Reactions: Bodit9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad