GDT: Free Agency Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I agree that a Miller offer sheet is highly unlikely but I actually agree that someone could sign him for $2M and that would throw a big wrench into the Rangers plans. Doesn't seem that far fetched to me, especially if the Rangers are trying to hold him to his QO.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Instead of signing Erhoff, I'd rather promote from within and save that money for resigning the RFA's or upcoming RFA's.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I agree that a Miller offer sheet is highly unlikely but I actually agree that someone could sign him for $2M and that would throw a big wrench into the Rangers plans. Doesn't seem that far fetched to me, especially if the Rangers are trying to hold him to his QO.

It's a crappy way to gain a competitive advantage but a team looking to screw with the Rangers could very well do it.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The 10% buffer means that we have almost 19 million to work with until October.

There's room to muck things up pretty good

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
And not sure why people wanna trade Kevin Klein at 2.9 to save cap space and then sign Christian Ehrhoff at 3.0, if my math is right that doesn't really save us any cap space.

The line graphs tell people Klein sucks, his shooting percentage isn't sustainable.

Yet, forget when Henrik Lundqvist said that Klein has the hardest shot on the team. When a goalie tells you that, it means something.

It's something I'd like to have at the point. He came back very weak after the broken arm, but with a full off-season of training to get his strength back, I think he will be an important piece.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The line graphs tell people Klein sucks, his shooting percentage isn't sustainable.

Yet, forget when Henrik Lundqvist said that Klein has the hardest shot on the team. When a goalie tells you that, it means something.

It's something I'd like to have at the point. He came back very weak after the broken arm, but with a full off-season of training to get his strength back, I think he will be an important piece.

There's also nothing of any worth to bring in with his cap savings. If we're worried about next year's RFAs to sign or Yandle, we can move him them, there's no rush now unless he helps bring in more offense or his value is really high

out0fstep

Feb 13, 2009
Behind you...
TSN Coverage?

Anyone have a stream of tsn that doesn't require me to download nonsense and create accounts. I found one for trade deadline, but can't find one today. I hate the rogers coverage. It's so damn boring. I don't want to listen to Panger all day.

iamthewalrus

Aug 1, 2010
Connecticut
I don't really see us going for any of the big-name UFAs.

Get contracts for stepan, miller, etem, and fast, maybe make a trade or two.

And unless Sather is looking for a blockbuster trade, I don't really see that happening either. Wouldn't mind dumping Girardi's contract, but it'd have to be for a pretty nice return. I don't really understand the Klein hate, I think he's a pretty important piece.

Maybe a Girardi or Staal package to EDM for a young forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad