Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pass on Marner. Good lord Nylander would look good with 7 and 18 though.
I am not advocating for trading for Marner but I think he would be an incredible fit with Tkachuk and Pinto. That line would have it all.

Id probably trade Chychrun for Marner with the leafs retaining a significant amount though. One expiring UFA for another.

Even if its not for Marner, Chychrun would be a good fit in Toronto he is exactly what they need.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Marner would be solid especially since he is a really good 2 way player who can help us on the PK.

He makes too much on that next contract though which would be a deal breaker for me.

Toronto is going to get squeezed hard on that Marner deal and someone is going to get a good player

A lot of guys mature through the trade process when they switch teams like Zibby

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I am not advocating for trading for Marner but I think he would be an incredible fit with Tkachuk and Pinto. That line would have it all.

Id probably trade Chychrun for Marner with the leafs retaining a significant amount though. One expiring UFA for another.

Even if its not for Marner, Chychrun would be a good fit in Toronto he is exactly what they need.

Ironically he reminds me a lot of Bryan McCabe.

I agree he’d be a good fit for them.

Reactions: scout20

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Marner would be solid especially since he is a really good 2 way player who can help us on the PK.

He makes too much on that next contract though which would be a deal breaker for me.

Toronto is going to get squeezed hard on that Marner deal and someone is going to get a good player

A lot of guys mature through the trade process when they switch teams like Zibby

I could see something like Marner to Vegas for Hill and Karlsson and some picks or prospects. That gives Toronto an NHL goalie, a cost controller top 6 forward, and a few other B or C pieces to make it look like they didn't get fleeced as badly as they did.

He has a NMC. So it will probably have to be a team that he would sign an extension with. He also clearly is not re-signing in Toronto, so the floor for what they need to get to justify moving him is much lower than if he has term. Almost like when we moved Karlsson.

Oct 10, 2010
Any free agents available that Green has coached while in VAN or even NJ this past year ? I hope we don’t run our organization like Dorion did catering to his head coach wants unless of course he’s a legit good player!

Oct 10, 2010
Changes that 1000% need to be made this summer

Whole 4th line gone
Hammer gone
Korpisalo gone

They do that and the replacements aren’t NHL worst bums we’ll make the playoffs

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Any free agents available that Green has coached while in VAN or even NJ this past year ? I hope we don’t run our organization like Dorion did catering to his head coach wants unless of course he’s a legit good player!

He won a WHL championship with this roster:

And went to an AHL finals with this roster:

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Changes that 1000% need to be made this summer

Whole 4th line gone
Hammer gone
Korpisalo gone

They do that and the replacements aren’t NHL worst bums we’ll make the playoffs
Kelly Kastelic Katchouk is actually a pretty good 4th line. I’m especially keeping kastelic. Would be a mistake moving him now.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Marner would be a bad choice for this team. He’s a guy that needs a veteran core to teach him courage and dedication. He’s a guy that needs to be in awe of, and want to bust ass for a guy like Sydney Crosby.

I can’t believe there are people in here that want to bring in a player whose biggest flaw is his heart and courage.

No thank you.

Reactions: Skid

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Kelly Kastelic Katchouk is actually a pretty good 4th line. I’m especially keeping kastelic. Would be a mistake moving him now.
I think they should sign Katchouk to a two-way, he can be a depth piece when we need a call up. Assuming he is willing obviously, but I don’t know that he’s done enough to earn a one way anywhere.

Kastelic imo should be moved to the wing and they should get a veteran 4C. See if Kastelic can play consistent hockey for 82 games and then decide whether to keep him as our 4C going forward. He’s too up and down to be relied upon at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad