Speculation: Fredrik Handemark

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
It's easy to make room by trading Filppula, he is not in the future plan and surly some team would want 1 year of him, retention could also make it easier. I would rather be looking at guys that are in our future.

Reactions: lilidk

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Hypothetically If we do get him and the Strömwall kid it would be hard to make room for Ehn on the roster. We could be looking at something like this for 2020-2021:

Lafreniere-Larkin- mantha
Bertuzzi- Filppula- Zadina
AA- Handemark- Fabbri
Smith-Glenny- stromwall

helm
Abby
Nielsen

you still have Svech, Rass both pushing for jobs (Svech without options).

could have a major logjam at forward next season
Stromwall is AHL first line winger , not NHL fourth line, other than that looks good

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
Stromwall is AHL first line winger , not NHL fourth line, other than that looks good

There's a really good chance we don't have Laf in that spot. If Byfield/Stutzle/Raymond are the pick, they probably aren't on the team for more than 9 games next year. You also have deals/buyouts likely for AA/Helm/Glendening/Neilsen. That gives guys like Stromwall and Handemark really good chance to compete with Svech and Moose to make the team.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
There's a really good chance we don't have Laf in that spot. If Byfield/Stutzle/Raymond are the pick, they probably aren't on the team for more than 9 games next year. You also have deals/buyouts likely for AA/Helm/Glendening/Neilsen. That gives guys like Stromwall and Handemark really good chance to compete with Svech and Moose to make the team.

byfield wouldnt be allowed to go to the ahl. I imagine they’d keep him to avoid wasting a development year against kids he’s already dominated. Ala rass

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Had this google translated from the article

Now, Händemark is not the only undrafted Swedish forward that the former Swedish club Detroit has shown interest in. Also Örebro's Mathias Bromé, Färjestads Gustaf Rydahl and Sotjis Malte Strömvall are on the club's radar.

I find this hilarious, because in NHL19 I would always sign him for my minor league team :laugh: so this would be surreal if Detroit ended up signing him.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Holy **** that ice, am I watching a circus?

I watched the clip twice and both times forgot to watch the player because of getting distracted by whatever the hell is going on with all those logos...

Prepare yourself. They're going to keep finding more and more ways to add them to NHL ice. Look at the difference of today's rink versus 1981. No ads on the boards. Nothing on the ice but small team logo at center.

And now our current rink. 4 different company logos + the arena sponsorship logo. Random NHL ads by the blueline. Ads on every inch of boards.

Little-Caesars-Arena-Section-Mezzanine-12-Row-4-on-9-29-2017_FL.jpg

It's slowly getting more and more NASCAR out there.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Prepare yourself. They're going to keep finding more and more ways to add them to NHL ice. Look at the difference of today's rink versus 1981. No ads on the boards. Nothing on the ice but small team logo at center.

And now our current rink. 4 different company logos + the arena sponsorship logo. Random NHL ads by the blueline. Ads on every inch of boards.

Little-Caesars-Arena-Section-Mezzanine-12-Row-4-on-9-29-2017_FL.jpg

It's slowly getting more and more NASCAR out there.

I guess it's only jarring when you're not used to it. I'm a frog slowly being boiled alive...

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I try to watch game with Stromwall and just seen him couple of shifts, didn't see anything special about him, he lost couple times puck

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Hypothetically If we do get him and the Strömwall kid it would be hard to make room for Ehn on the roster. We could be looking at something like this for 2020-2021:

Lafreniere-Larkin- mantha
Bertuzzi- Filppula- Zadina
AA- Handemark- Fabbri
Smith-Glenny- stromwall

helm
Abby
Nielsen

you still have Svech, Rass both pushing for jobs (Svech without options).

could have a major logjam at forward next season

Seems unlikely to me that Handemark and Stromwall both make this team next year.
Rasmussen.
Maybe Svech. Not to mention Helm, Abby and Nielsen are still signed.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
A 6'4'' C with a letter on his chest, for free? Yes please.

Bromé is 2nd in SHL scoring, while Handemark is 8th, Rydahl is 19th and Stormwall is 19th in the KHL. I really like that there is a lot invested into the European - Asian pro scouting.

Here's Rydahl's scouting report :

Rydahl is a physical powerforward who plays with a lot of grit. Loves to agitate opponents and takes advantage when players cannot handle their temper. Owns a decent shot, useful in boxplay and a tremendous team player.

Imagine having a 4th line of Rydahl - Glendening - Smith in the playoffs. Chaos!

Remember the playoffs, guys?:puppy::puppy:

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He is super strong and very physical. Not your typical swedish player. Brian Boyle type of player. Seen Händemark play alot, he plays for my home town team.

Reactions: Frk It

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
There’s also some Malte Stormwall dude who we’re rumored to have interest in.

Never seen him in KHL but been very good with team Sweden. Good skater, shot and nifty hands. Throwed hard hits in every game too, but not sure thats something he will do in NHL, he is not big or strong.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
A 6'4'' C with a letter on his chest, for free? Yes please.

Bromé is 2nd in SHL scoring, while Handemark is 8th, Rydahl is 19th and Stormwall is 19th in the KHL. I really like that there is a lot invested into the European - Asian pro scouting.

Here's Rydahl's scouting report :

Rydahl is a physical powerforward who plays with a lot of grit. Loves to agitate opponents and takes advantage when players cannot handle their temper. Owns a decent shot, useful in boxplay and a tremendous team player.

Imagine having a 4th line of Rydahl - Glendening - Smith in the playoffs. Chaos!

Remember the playoffs, guys?:puppy::puppy:

rydahl is physical but slow as hell, average skills. he is not an nhler.

Brome and Händemark is 2 guys the Red Wings should sign.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I'd send him to Frölunda to play with men.

Henkka, I had the exact same idea for Byfield though I wasn't going to limit it to Frolunda or even the SHL, just any top European pro league. I would literally pay a Euro club to spend an import spot on him if we draft him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Henkka, I had the exact same idea for Byfield though I wasn't going to limit it to Frolunda or even the SHL, just any top European pro league. I would literally pay a Euro club to spend an import spot on him if we draft him.

We don't think he can compete with what we have as the 2C/3C?

Let him compete for a spot, and if it doesn't work out then send him to Juniors. Worked fine for Draisaitl. Yeah the scoring in the OHL is inflated this year, but he still has things he could work on.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
We don't think he can compete with what we have as the 2C/3C?

Let him compete for a spot, and if it doesn't work out then send him to Juniors. Worked fine for Draisaitl. Yeah the scoring in the OHL is inflated this year, but he still has things he could work on.

Take a look at his performance at the WJC. The gap between U20 international play and the NHL is massive. I won't rule him out making our roster (especially if he has a big summer), but unlike others I don't think it is a given (and I also don't think NHL readiness should factor into our draft-day decision). I get that we suck but we really need to resist the urge to rush the development of our prospects.

Playing another year in the OHL won't make him worse, but all else being equal, I would like to see him in a situation where he is playing against bigger, stronger competition and being forced to evolve. Draisaitl had a lot of work to put into his skating in his D+1 year. Byfield is a bit different in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00