Speculation: Fredrik Handemark

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Anyone know anything about this guy?

The Red Wings apparently close to sign a contract with Fredrik Händemark of Malmö Redhawks, according to Hans Abrahamsson of Aftonbladet. So far he has 10g 22a in 40 games this season.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Seems like Jiri Fischer must be busy this year scouting these European free agents.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Vill ha Leksands stjärncenter

Aftonbladet has already written about the Detroit Redwings looking for the Swede.
According to what Kvällsposten experiences, there is also a great interest from the San José Sharks. But it is not excluded that more clubs are in search of Händemark, who is a free agent, and can thus pick and choose among all NHL clubs. In addition, at a relatively low cost, which is accommodated within all NHL clubs' salary cap.
Fredrik Händemark has an agreement with Malmö until spring 2022, but in all contracts there is NHL clause until 15 June.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Quite sure Andersson has more time to look these Swedish guys.

I believe Jiri's role is to specifically focus on free agents in Europe, whereas Hakan focuses on draft age kids.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
There’s also some Malte Stormwall dude who we’re rumored to have interest in.

ya would be nice to get them both. Not sure how realistic of a chance they would have to make the NHL club next year but they do have good numbers in top European leagues this season. Would prefer to give them looks over the Erne’s and Ehn’s of the world

Reactions: Gniwder

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Had this google translated from the article

Now, Händemark is not the only undrafted Swedish forward that the former Swedish club Detroit has shown interest in. Also Örebro's Mathias Bromé, Färjestads Gustaf Rydahl and Sotjis Malte Strömvall are on the club's radar.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Take any free assets we can get. Good competition for our younger prospects come next year also. I would hope we could bring in a few guys to get try outs this year, like Hirose did last year. Get their fet wet, see what the NHL is like and come ready to compete next year. If these guys turn out to be NHL players in any role, that's a huge win. If they don't, they provide competition for our younger prospects so they are not getting gifted a free spot, and they can then provide depth to the farm system, be traded, or return back over seas.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Had this google translated from the article

Now, Händemark is not the only undrafted Swedish forward that the former Swedish club Detroit has shown interest in. Also Örebro's Mathias Bromé, Färjestads Gustaf Rydahl and Sotjis Malte Strömvall are on the club's radar.
Looks like we are really dipping our toes into the European UFA market. This makes me think maybe more people than expected will be moved at deadline/offseason

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Looks like we are really dipping our toes into the European UFA market. This makes me think maybe more people than expected will be moved at deadline/offseason

I would imagine a big factor is leaving players in GR in an attempt to make the playoffs. So we would need to add something to limit our call ups.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I would imagine a big factor is leaving players in GR in an attempt to make the playoffs. So we would need to add something to limit our call ups.
Ya but I don’t think these are players coming this year, these euro FA’s will be signed for 2020-2021. That type of depth would come from the NCAA FA’s

Reactions: hkydave04

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
maybe we try to trade regulars for pics and bring Euros and collage players . We need as many pics as we can get and who knows we might had 2 seven rounds steals last year

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Ya but I don’t think these are players coming this year, these euro FA’s will be signed for 2020-2021. That type of depth would come from the NCAA FA’s

I thought I read somewhere that shl contracts have an nhl clause and they could be brought in?

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Hypothetically If we do get him and the Strömwall kid it would be hard to make room for Ehn on the roster. We could be looking at something like this for 2020-2021:

Lafreniere-Larkin- mantha
Bertuzzi- Filppula- Zadina
AA- Handemark- Fabbri
Smith-Glenny- stromwall

helm
Abby
Nielsen

you still have Svech, Rass both pushing for jobs (Svech without options).

could have a major logjam at forward next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad