Injury Report: Frederik Gauthier (Foot) Out Next 2 Games... Will Be Re-Evaluated on Thursday

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Brown
Moore Petan Ennis

RLF

May 5, 2014
If it is Moore, Petan, Ennis, let's hope they are not taking any defensive zone faceoffs. If the Opp gets possession in our end, that group will get ate alive defensively.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We have been extremely lucky on injuries past 3 years. Yes we have a great health sciences group but injuries are a part of the game. Team has enough forward depth it really should make no difference. Where we would really get in HUGE trouble is a Rielly or Muzzy injury.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Brown
Moore Petan Ennis

The last time Babcock was forced to play his all 5-10 and under line as his 4th line, he said it didn't give the Leafs their best chance to win.

Leafs moving on from fan-favourite 4th line as search for balance continues

The five-foot-nine line is dead almost as quickly as it began.

In fact, Mike Babcock went so far as to say the decision to unite skilled waterbugs Trevor Moore, Tyler Ennis and Nic Petan limited his ability to properly manage the Toronto Maple Leafs bench during Wednesday’s 3-2 overtime loss to the Vancouver Canucks. “I couldn’t use it as much in D-zone, you know what I mean?” said Babcock, after replacing trusted six-foot-five centre Frederik Gauthier with the five-nine Petan on his fourth line.

“Everybody loves players, that’s great, but you’ve got to be able to use lines and everyone’s got to have a role and someone’s got to penalty-kill and someone’s got to be able to take faceoffs. So I didn’t think I gave our team, with that lineup, as good an opportunity as I might have wanted.”

The creation of a Moore-Petan-Ennis line was greeted with fanfare because it offered a departure from what NHL teams typically roll out for their fourth unit. It’s a Kyle Dubas creation and it enjoyed some moments against the Canucks — drawing one of two penalties on the evening and creating the only scoring chance that occurred when it was on the ice. But Babcock clearly didn’t share in the enthusiasm.

Leafs moving on from fan-favourite 4th line as search for balance continues - Sportsnet.ca

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Moore - Kadri - Kapanen
Ennis - Marleau - Brown

Thats how I think it should be...Petan centring a midget line will get owned.

Reactions: yubbers

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Everyone rips up Junior hockey.
His stats are very lopsided in terms of goals to assists. He's a passer, he needs to play with scorers or he has no place on the team. Rather have a guy who can fore check and wear down the opponent's d over him on the fourth line.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
“Everybody loves players, that’s great, but you’ve got to be able to use lines and everyone’s got to have a role and someone’s got to penalty-kill and someone’s got to be able to take faceoffs. So I didn’t think I gave our team, with that lineup, as good an opportunity as I might have wanted.”

Babcock not rolling optimal lines? Who woulda thunk it

Reactions: Al14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad