Frederick Andersen discussion.

Cory Kennedy

Mar 24, 2018
Ontario
(Alright so I know there are multiple threads on this so I am just gonna say that this thread will be mostly my take and opinions around the Frederick Andersen Dillema.)

Alright so since Freddy's contract is coming to an end at the end of the season, I think it's safe to say his time in Toronto was Mediocre. Yes his stats have been consistent yes he's been a key goalie in the Leafs lineup but Freddy just isn't a Goaltender we can depend on in big time moments. He lets in goals at the worst times in games, in series finales he tends to collapse and I am not saying the blame is 100% on Freddy because that would just be a lie, but he certainly plays a part in it. Freddy's stats this year so far have not been very good and unless he can prove us wrong and become a big part in a deep playoff run, then I do not think Freddy is worth resigning. Does that mean we rush in on making Jack Campbell the starter? No, And here's why.

Yes Campbell has been a surprise of a backup who has showed up as the Leaf's #1 Clutch goalie since Curtis mcelhinney, and there is no doubt the Leaf's are gonna want to keep him around for many years to come. However unlike Curtis, Jacks NHL experience is still very limited and he will need time to Grow, learn and develop his game to become the best NHL starter he can possibly be. Most of the time when teams rush in on picking a new Starting Netminder that Netminder doesn't live up to the Expectations. We saw it with Murray, we saw it with Jarry and it's possible to see it from Campbell.

What do you guys think the Leaf's should do?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad