Confirmed with Link: Francouz Retires

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
Thanks and good luck Frankie. Won't ever forget your SO versus the Oilers during the 2021-2022 SC run!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have a friend who played for the Polska national team and he had so many hip injuries that he became addicted to painkillers and needed rehab to get off of them. Based on what I experienced with him, I have no issues at all with Frankie retiring for that reason. I would hope that Avs could find him a job, but it sounds like he's permanently in Czechia. His career save percentage turned out to be .919% and that is something we could totally be using right now though lol. I wish him the best in whatever he decides to do!

Favorite back up goalie ever. He will be missed
Before a couple of those hip problems, he had starter-level talent IMHO. Being smaller required him to be much more aggressive and led to more injury-prone plays like diving across or pushing at the extent of the physical limitations of the human body.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
All the best to him. The job he did during the Stanley Cup run won't be forgotten. More than that, he just seems like a great guy.

One of my favourite moments:

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Snow Arc

We have to shout above the din of our RiceCrispies
Aug 14, 2020
Thanks, Pavel! You were such a calming presence, we are not as good without you. Enjoy retirement and I hope your injuries never nag you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad