Francis Charette (QMJHL, Oceanic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
He's one hell of a talented player, I think he'll have ridiculous numbers this year since he'll literally be carrying the Oceanic offense.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
august said:
He is very small. He has a lot of talent, but I don't think he can play in the NHL or the AHL.
Theo Fleury did well. I hope Francis can do the same.

Y'know, without the drug and alcohol problems.

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
the problem with Charette is to be like Fleury he will have to paly int the corners , be more agressive and strong enough to play with the big guys.

He's really far from being there.

I think he will be a dominant junior player but it might end there for him

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
from what ive seen, hes not as quick or as fast as he should be for someone his size. He is quicker than most, but is not strong on the puck and is not feisty. His strength is his lateral movement for sure. He is a strong skater and has good vision. His low center of gravity allows him to make spin moves effectively, which makes him very evasive. NHL no. AHL yes.

Helmethead

Jun 2, 2002
Port Cockerton
Visit site
from what i saw you could blow on him and knock him off the puck.great player, loads of skill but way to small and weak to play pro hockey.to compare him to fleury is a joke.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
He is another David Bellemare for me.
Will be an AWESOME player to watch in the junior. But will not get higher because of his size.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Blackshad said:
He is another David Bellemare for me.
Will be an AWESOME player to watch in the junior. But will not get higher because of his size.
unless he grows 5+ inches

KBstyle

Aug 3, 2005
I saw him when he was Atome AA in a tournement here in my town and he was the real deal heheh. They actually win the tournement this years. But now i have to say that he's too short for NHL but he has the talent.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I heard he has superb faceoff ability. This true? Cuz all Yannick Perreault ever had going for him was faceoff ability and good hands. He never dug in the corners or used his size in any significant way. If Yannick can do it, why not Charette?

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
I hate it when people say "too short to play in the NHL" because there are legions of short players who have done well in the league... but Charette might be one of the few who are legitimately too short for the NHL. I liked what I saw at the Memorial Cup though.

NewBlood

Sep 8, 2005
His trio has been pretty disappointing at the Memorial Cup. Expectations were high for him and Hrdel but they didn't do ****. No doubt he'll become the head of the Oceanics, but the team is gonna struggle in the next few years anyways...

Maithz

I have plays Roller Hockey with him , this guy will make the NHL trust me , the only players Ive play with who can score 3 goals in a game from the center of the ice ;)

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Charette is a really fun guy to watch play. That said, he is very small and I don't think his skill alone is enough to overcome his size. It seems that many short players also have great speed, or feistiness, or something else to offer, and unfortunately I'm not sure Charette has anythign else. I really hope he's able to make it because he really is fun to watch, but at this point I'd have ot say his odds of making the NHL are very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad