U18: Four Nations Tournament in Rauma, Finland (10-12 February)

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Czechia roster:
1674913715283.png

Strong roster. Practically the same will go to the World Champ., only it is necessary to add, if there is such an opportunity: Hrabal, Port, Šprynar ...and, perhaps these players should be considered: Ročák, Klička, Svozil-jr., Židlický, Jecho, Benák...

Reactions: czechcanadian

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Czechia roster:
View attachment 642994
Strong roster. Practically the same will go to the World Champ., only it is necessary to add, if there is such an opportunity: Hrabal, Port, Šprynar ...and, perhaps these players should be considered: Ročák, Klička, Svozil-jr., Židlický, Jecho, Benák...
I'm not really sure how strong the lineup is, I mean the forwards. At HGC, two lines played well, and the rest were composed mostly of players who could only offer combativeness, practically no hockey skills. The defense is pretty good, Matějíček is not quite my cup of coffee, but what can be done..

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finns

Goalies:
1 Vinni Eemil, HIFK Helsinki
30 Vedenpää Visa, Kärpät Oulu
31 Vali Noa, TPS Turku

Defenders:
2 Junkkari Jimi, Pelicans Lahti
3 Väisänen Veeti, KooKoo Kouvola
4 Jokinen Mitja, TPS Turku
7 Pieniniemi Emil, Kärpät Oulu
8 Kiviharju Aron, TPS Turku
12 Kangas Kalle, Jokerit Helsinki
13 Muhonen Niilopekka, KalPa Kuopio

Forwards:
9 Elo Santeri, TPS Turku
10 Halttunen Kasper, HIFK Helsinki
15 Hynninen Topias, Jukurit Mikkeli
16 Helenius Konsta, Jukurit Mikkeli
17 Uronen Tuomas, HIFK Helsinki
18 Kumpulainen Rasmus, Pelicans Lahti
19 Leppä Tom, Jokerit Helsinki
22 Nurmi Jesse, KooKoo Kouvola
23 Kiiskinen Jesse, Pelicans Lahti
24 Miettinen Julius, HIFK Helsinki
25 Järventie Emil, SaiPa Lappeenranta
28 Alasiurua Arttu, Kärpät Oulu
29 Vesterinen Roope, HPK Hämeenlinna

some notables imo missing; Kuusla, Peltonen, Kiukas, Talvikunnas, Eliseev, Rautiainen, Ruohomaa, Pohjalainen

Last edited:

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
For anyone interested, per NTDP website, can be streamed at Leijonat TV.

'The U18s head to Rauma, Finland to compete in a Four Nations championship, where they will square off with Finland, Sweden and Czechia. Their first game is scheduled for 12:00 p.m. ET against the hosts and after a day off, play in three straight from Feb. 10-12. The tournament can be streamed online at Leijonat TV which includes a monthly fee.'

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
For anyone interested, per NTDP website, can be streamed at Leijonat TV.

'The U18s head to Rauma, Finland to compete in a Four Nations championship, where they will square off with Finland, Sweden and Czechia. Their first game is scheduled for 12:00 p.m. ET against the hosts and after a day off, play in three straight from Feb. 10-12. The tournament can be streamed online at Leijonat TV which includes a monthly fee.'
All tournaments from the Czech Republic are always free. I have to laugh now..

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finns vs Usa pretournament match

Goalie:
1 Eemil Vinni
Backup:
31 Noa Vali
1:
22 Jesse Nurmi – 15 Topias Hynninen – 23 Jesse Kiiskinen
12 Kalle Kangas – 3 Veeti Väisänen
2:
10 Kasper Halttunen – 28 Arttu Alasiurua – 16 Konsta Helenius
8 Aron Kiviharju – 13 Niilopekka Muhonen
3:
25 Emil Järventie – 18 Rasmus Kumpulainen – 17 Tuomas Uronen
6 Eelis Marila – 4 Mitja Jokinen
4:
24 Julius Miettinen – 19 Tom Leppä – 29 Roope Vesterinen
5 Janne Peltonen
13. forward:
9 Santeri Elo

Looks like Marila jumped from U17 team to replace Junkkari. Earlier also Pieniniemi was replaced by Peltonen

Reactions: 95snipes

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finns vs Czechia in opener

Goalie:
30 Visa Vedenpää
Backup:
31 Noa Vali
1:
22 Jesse Nurmi – 15 Topias Hynninen – 23 Jesse Kiiskinen
12 Kalle Kangas – 3 Veeti Väisänen
2:
28 Arttu Alasiurua – 16 Konsta Helenius – 10 Kasper Halttunen
13 Niilopekka Muhonen – 8 Aron Kiviharju
3:
26 Emil Kuusla – 18 Rasmus Kumpulainen – 17 Tuomas Uronen
6 Eelis Marila – 4 Mitja Jokinen
4:
9 Santeri Elo – 19 Tom Leppä – 29 Roope Vesterinen
5 Janne Peltonen
13. forward:
24 Julius Miettinen

looks like Emil Kuusla is called up to the tournament in place of Järventie. Järventie got match penalty for slashing USA player in pretournament game .and maybe suspension? being the reason. I think Kuusla should have been in team in first place thou. Vinni is also dropped and Vedenpää gets nod and Elo and Miettinen switch places

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Finland 4 Czechia 2 final score.

Like this team gold medal will come! only need to get Pieniniemi and Junkkari/Talvikunnas to replace Marila and Jokinen and team is set. Vedenpää had good game

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Finland 4 Czechia 2 final score.

Like this team gold medal will come! only need to get Pieniniemi and Junkkari/Talvikunnas to replace Marila and Jokinen and team is set. Vedenpää had good game
How did Halttunen play? Scored 2 goals.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
If I may ask, how was the match overall?
I mean it was fun competitive match. both teams had their moments but Finns slight edge most of the play.
Czech first line caused some troubles to Finnish D. On another note Kiviharju passing was sublime, Kuusla and Kumpulainen couple other good ones. Roope Vesterinen is utter speedster easily the fastest Finn on these age groups.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Sounds like it was tied after 55 minutes... Then 3-2 for Finn's... And then an empty netter with 2 seconds left. Happy we are competitive... I like this squad and hope they can build on this.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I won't be too critical if I write that we are more or less awkward so far and can't keep up with the Swedes at all?

Reactions: Wooren

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Swedens coach Anders Eriksén are really cooking with this team, sure, we lost 4-1 vs USA but the game was to our favor. And now a dominant first period vs Czech, thank you Anders!

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Swedens coach Anders Eriksén are really cooking with this team, sure, we lost 4-1 vs USA but the game was to our favor. And now a dominant first period vs Czech, thank you Anders!
Well, the '05 age group is quite good, great depth.

The Lindstein - ASP pairing always made sense, fun to watch.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Since our first goal, our playing has been on a completely different level. The question is, why does it only happen when the score is 0:3 and a complete fiasco until then..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad