Found an Ebs Jersey in Jakarta!

BFDBFD

Oct 9, 2007
Luanda, Angola
Was walking through a local market here in Indonesia and was stunned when I came across this gem!!

Feels super legit. I've lived in Southeast Asia for 7 years already and I can spot fake jerseys pretty well. I feel this is authentic. If it's not, it's the best fake I've ever seen.

Total price: 250,000 Indonesian rupiah (~$27).

Pretty stoked!

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
Probably should have warned her about his unsustainable shooting percentage before asking her to pose with the jersey.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
The lines look right, and that's usually the first thing messed up on a fake. I think you just scored your self a crazy good score. Pretty random place to come across a hockey jersey though.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Probably should have warned her about his unsustainable shooting percentage before asking her to pose with the jersey.

I love how this went from something extremely annoying, to something funny in a matter of like a week.

The logo looks a touch small to me (could be wrong), but it's a pretty damn good find for $27

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
That's a really good find for the price!

Not sure anyone will be able to give you a definite answer just by looking at it but it does look much better than all of the fake ones I have seen and is damn close to an official jersey.

BFDBFD

Oct 9, 2007
Luanda, Angola

I didn't want her to even think of the word unsustainable ('berkelanjutan' in Bahasa Indonesia), lest she realize that she's got a veritable goldmine for hockey-starved Canadians here in Jakarta (all seven of us!).

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Good find! Teambuy has some pretty cheap jerseys right now but no oilers. $59 for the jerseys or $79 for player jerseys, they have about 15 to choose from including Toews, Seguin, Callahan and Giroux.

BFDBFD

Oct 9, 2007
Luanda, Angola
I love how this went from something extremely annoying, to something funny in a matter of like a week.

The logo looks a touch small to me (could be wrong), but it's a pretty damn good find for $27

I think it's the angle of the picture. From what I remember from my last live game (three years ago!), it's about the right size.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Either way it looks extremely well done. IF it is fake I don't think anyone will notice unless they are looking really hard.

BFDBFD

Oct 9, 2007
Luanda, Angola
That's a really good find for the price!

Not sure anyone will be able to give you a definite answer just by looking at it but it does look much better than all of the fake ones I have seen and is damn close to an official jersey.

To give you an idea, this is the only other Oilers-related memorabilia I've purchased in Asia :)

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Dude, I had to show her where Canada was on a map... She was a good sport, though.

really? wow... i'm always surprised when people aren't aware of other large countries... like i'm sure 90% of people don't know where Benin is, but to not know where Brazil is (for example) is kinda crazy

anyway, good find! I have an "official" eberle jersey from China and your fake is better than my fake from what i can see

BFDBFD

Oct 9, 2007
Luanda, Angola
really? wow... i'm always surprised when people aren't aware of other large countries... like i'm sure 90% of people don't know where Benin is, but to not know where Brazil is (for example) is kinda crazy

anyway, good find! I have an "official" eberle jersey from China and your fake is better than my fake from what i can see

I literally spent more than 80% of my life not knowing that Benin existed. But then I spent a bit of time in Burkina Faso and I realized that there's a lot of stuff going on in the world that I don't know about.

Back to the jersey - whether it's fake or not, it's a good reminder of home.

Having said that, it's currently 25 degrees celsius here (at 2:30am), so I don't think I'll have many opportunities to wear it!

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I went out to a mall in Bandung looking for Oilers gear about 4 years ago. I don't know why, but I just thought that I'd get a sick price on some gear.

I didn't find diddly squat.

bucktown

Oct 27, 2009
after this lockout, I wont be buying authentic anything. fake or not, killer price, congrats.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
They're all made in Indonesia now, and it wouldn't shock me if it was real and that price is what it actually costs NHL to purchase them, ha.

The crests, letters, and numbers look legit, but tough to tell for sure unless it was in person.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
A lot of the easily noticeable differences are usually the NHL crest, the width of the stripes on the bottom, the cresting and numbers/letters, and the white stripe on the collar and the location of the "reebok" tag on collar.

For that price and how it looks, it probably doesn't even matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad