Fortnite: Battle Royale - Free - All Platforms

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Tilted Town is absolutely amazing. It's like it's own separate game mode in inside the regular map. Supposedly they are going to be doing stuff like this all season. The slight change in colors to Western is very well done.

It's so easy to kill people because they can't do anything and don't understand the concept you can't be out in the open.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I think this season is pretty cool, I don't hate the mechs as much as everyone else (and the new tilted is cool) but sometimes I wish they just added quality of life stuff (like no clipping when you build around things which they added in like season 2), or had a classic version. Taking out so much mobility and clutter this season was a good step IMO but it seems like it just makes having those bounce grenades OP from what little I've played so far. They should have the glider redeploy be part of the game or something like that, idk

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I think this season is pretty cool, I don't hate the mechs as much as everyone else (and the new tilted is cool) but sometimes I wish they just added quality of life stuff (like no clipping when you build around things which they added in like season 2), or had a classic version. Taking out so much mobility and clutter this season was a good step IMO but it seems like it just makes having those bounce grenades OP from what little I've played so far. They should have the glider redeploy be part of the game or something like that, idk

Taking out the mobility really makes it difficult to get away from the Mechs in solo or duo's. There needs to be another counter to them. In squads, you can take out one easily. Height is an advantage as their missiles only reach so high.

Solo and Duo's you are typically screwed if one gets on you. I took out the final five guys in a solo a couple of days ago.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Taking out the mobility really makes it difficult to get away from the Mechs in solo or duo's. There needs to be another counter to them. In squads, you can take out one easily. Height is an advantage as their missiles only reach so high.

Solo and Duo's you are typically screwed if one gets on you. I took out the final five guys in a solo a couple of days ago.
Yeah I did a 180 on it, I like the meta without the mechs but I can't stand the mechs at the moment, the shine wore off. I tried to drop in a couple games last night and hearing the mech sounds to me is like hearing the Jaws theme now. I think I have PTSD from it :sarcasm: no counterplay

most fun for me now is jumping in one that someone is already in (I mostly play solos) and self destructing it then getting out and building a little shed for yourself, trying to survive the aftermath

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I really can’t see a way we don’t get a new map for Season 11. Every season they’ve added new things to the map and changed them, but it’s at a point where it’s back in time and a scrambled mess going forward

Reactions: tealhockey

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
So...tomorrow is the big day. After two years, Fortnite gets a new map, and it looks like it will come at the cost of the old one. It's something everybody has wanted for a while, but man, it's kind of sad to see some POI's go. Lots of amazing memories on the map.

A new map is going to be insane for the game, though. Soooo many people will be playing the next couple of days.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
So...tomorrow is the big day. After two years, Fortnite gets a new map, and it looks like it will come at the cost of the old one. It's something everybody has wanted for a while, but man, it's kind of sad to see some POI's go. Lots of amazing memories on the map.

A new map is going to be insane for the game, though. Soooo many people will be playing the next couple of days.

I hope it's a refreshing change. I would feel sentimental about the current map but it is already basically an entirely new map from what we had in the first few seasons. Only recently did we get some of those fun POIs back like factories, dusty, etc. That was fun for a bit but I've lost a lot of my enthusiasm since the early days probably because it has gotten so big and a lot of people are really good now so it is hard to play casually. I hope they don't add in a bunch of new mechanics and if anything pare things down like they did getting rid of most vehicles this season (mechs notwithstanding). All we ever really needed was the hoverboards imo

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
It’s not even “updating”. This is part of the event lol. The numbers are a secret code from The Visitor. This is killing all my hype for the new map and season
I don't know, I hope this isn't actually some storyline BS lmfao. They did delay this a week, I feel like changing the entire map may be a bit more intensive then they thought it would be.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I don't know, I hope this isn't actually some storyline BS lmfao. They did delay this a week, I feel like changing the entire map may be a bit more intensive then they thought it would be.

Basically, the numbers that appear on the screen can be linked to The Visitor’s message. Something about like they didn’t realize someone was outside the loop and it’s inevitable now. And now it keeps repeating over and over again

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Basically, the numbers that appear on the screen can be linked to The Visitor’s message. Something about like they didn’t realize someone was outside the loop and it’s inevitable now. And now it keeps repeating over and over again
I know but this is ridiculous now. At least tell people when it’s returning. Some people stared at a black hole for 10 hours :laugh:
They already delayed the season a week, this seems so unnecessary

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
What's stupid is I entered the Konami code and played space invaders or whatever it is to 100k and could not enter my name for high score, lol. Fairly clever marketing by Fortnite going on here but to leave a game down for days. Interesting.

If you press a specific series of buttons that will be familiar to any retro game enthusiast, a small, Galaga-esque mini-game will pop up. Once initiated, you will become a pizza who is tasked with defeating falling Durr Burgers. Cute.

Fortnite’s black hole numbers seem to be a giant troll
If you do the Konami code, you can play a minigame while you wait.

UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, B/O, A/X, START/ENTER
The full Konami Code is up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start, and those button inputs will be dependent on your Fortnite platform of choice.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
The Battle Pass video leaked. Not gonna post it here but it’s an easy find on Twitter. The new season looks so fresh and incredible. I’m super excited

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
The Battle Pass video leaked. Not gonna post it here but it’s an easy find on Twitter. The new season looks so fresh and incredible. I’m super excited
It looks really different. Fishing (?), a guy jumping out of a dumpster, boats, looks like swimming too? Seems like you can interact with the environment a lot more in general. A lot they could mess up but could be just what the game needs

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
It looks really different. Fishing (?), a guy jumping out of a dumpster, boats, looks like swimming too? Seems like you can interact with the environment a lot more in general. A lot they could mess up but could be just what the game needs

Saw someone carrying a downed teammate on their back to safety? Very interesting.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I think they killed it (in a good way). They got rid of a lot of items that were cluttering the game up, they even did some risky stuff IMO like getting rid of launch pads, which seems like a great call all that mobility was getting crazy. On top of that the new map is fresh and looks great, bright with good colors, fun POIs, but still isn't too big that it is overwhelming. They also re-did many of the weapon balan ce and loot pool almost from scratch, which seems to be for the best. Of course they will fine-tune and probably mess it up again but I like it. I've only played a couple games but it reminds me of the early seasons combined with the new aspects that I do like. Even fishing is pretty cool. Green rocket launchers throws me through a spin..

Also the upgrade is an interesting idea and it seems like rare weapons barely drop now. I got a gold shotgun in my last game and realized I hadn't gotten any golds yet until then. Maybe it's just a honeymoon phase but I actually look forward to loading this game up again

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I’m having sooooo much fun with this game. The new finishing is awesome, where you can pick up a downed opponent. And it’s always a good laugh when you’re shouting to your friend that there’s an enemy and it turns out to be a bot...my god are they brutal lol. And their names are hilarious.

The new map is awesome. I love all the different aspects of it. It really feels so fresh and like a new game.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Man Fortnite on PC is kind of unplayable. Thats the benefit of ps4, just leave your console in sleep mode and the patches will download and update while its turned off. On PC you have to leave it running 24/7 if you want that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad