Fort Wayne Komets

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I agree with this sentiment. But consider: The number of corporate sponsors and the allotment of tickets they get per game. It's easily believable that those tickets -- whether comp'd or reduced in price -- yield a number significantly greater than the actually count at the door on game night. Whether you agree with this type of attendance accounting is up to you, but it's certainly not unique to Fort Wayne... not by a long-shot. It's standard practice.

Valid point. No doubt the Komets have done a very good job securing corporate sponsorships. Last time I was at the ACMC, I don't think there was a white space on the ice:laugh:

As a side note, I just found out that the Cyclones don't count either club seats or suite seats in their announced attendance. There certainly isn't any league wide standard on announced attendance.

The Cyclones will probably sell out the first hockey game EVER at US Bank Arena this Saturday. The arena capacity is roughly 15,800 for hockey of which approximately 1,300 are suites or club seats. Announced attendance should be close to 14,000. For a team which drew 1,844 per game in its first year back (2006-07) after a two year suspension with "crowds" of under 1000 for 13 of the 36 games with a year high attendance of 4393, this is more than a minor miracle.

Last edited:

Scoutin1

May 9, 2011
Valid point. No doubt the Komets have done a very good job securing corporate sponsorships. Last time I was at the ACMC, I don't think there was a white space on the ice:laugh:

As a side note, I just found out that the Cyclones don't count either club seats or suite seats in their announced attendance. There certainly isn't any league wide standard on announced attendance.

The Cyclones will probably sell out the first hockey game EVER at US Bank Arena this Saturday. The arena capacity is roughly 15,800 for hockey of which approximately 1,300 are suites or club seats. Announced attendance should be close to 14,000. For a team which drew 1,844 per game in its first year back (2006-07) after a two year suspension with "crowds" of under 1000 for 13 of the 36 games with a year high attendance of 4393, this is more than a minor miracle.

haha With all the logos on the ice, it makes it difficult to watch the puck on TV. I truly believe that if the K's could sell every square inch of ice, they would. I'm surprised they haven't sold the logo space on the jersey like in soccer.

In any case, I hope you continue to find new fans for Cyclone hockey. I like having Cincy in the league; I like it a lot. Enjoy that big crowd this weekend; hopefully many others will as well.

ac9er

Jan 9, 2015
Go Komets! Survived round 1 and game 1 of round 2! Keep on going K's!

Scoutin1

May 9, 2011
071798518473lg.jpg

toledo109

Dec 15, 2015
Would love to see a Komets and Nailers finals just because both teams are so fun to watch but Fort Wayne got get past the always tough Americans. This will be fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad